spark plug?

GoldenMotor.com

darbyman

Apr 11, 2013
australia
hey all
bit of back ground, i used to run a 66cc motorized bike with a bigger jet, and because of that i need a hotter spark plug to burn up all the fuel, a br5hs, since then i have bought a new motor which has a higher compression ratio which i believe makes more heat ect, now because of that should i use the hotter spark plug or can i use a normal spark plug and because of the higher compression ratio , all the extra fuel will be burnt up? cheers

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Bumping this to the top because it was never answered.

Now, I'm using automotive knowledge here but, if you're running higher compression and creating more heat, you will need a cooler spark plug to keep the heat down. Otherwise you'll end up hurting your engine and cook something. I run a B7HS since I ride hard in the summer with 100+* heat. I think that running a hotter plug may make it run lean, since it will be hotter and would cause detonation.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
A spark plug won't change you fuel mixture. Normal plug for a china girl is a B6HS. I sometimes run a B5 in the winter. For higher compression I would recommend a 7 or even an 8 depending on how high.

Normally I tend to like the NGK BP6HS plugs that have extended tips, but some motors like them and and some don't as much. You have to try them both back to back to find out.

Don't run a gap bigger than about 0.025" because it's hard on the china girl toy magnetos.