Genesis 29er MTB

GoldenMotor.com

evolutiongts

Jan 30, 2013
socal
Just wondering what would I use for the front mount?

The mount that came with the kit is a bit way too small for the bike frame.

I went to ACE hardware and they were unable to find anything for me.

Any help would be apprepaited this is my first build.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
You can easily make your own mount for this frame by using a muffler clamp and a steel plate. Look at the pictures of a big tube mount and it is easy to copy it.
I welded a section of pipe inside the motor mount clamp to spread the load better and avoid crushing the tube. I also used muffler clamps to mount the tank by welding the tank studs directly to the muffler clamps. It worked great and was stone simple (if you weld. If not, a local exhaust shop could probably weld it for you fairly cheap.)
Do a search here for mounting options and study the pictures. You can do this faster and cheaper than buying a mount.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
You can easily make your own mount for this frame by using a muffler clamp and a steel plate. Look at the pictures of a big tube mount and it is easy to copy it.
I welded a section of pipe inside the motor mount clamp to spread the load better and avoid crushing the tube. I also used muffler clamps to mount the tank by welding the tank studs directly to the muffler clamps. It worked great and was stone simple (if you weld. If not, a local exhaust shop could probably weld it for you fairly cheap.)
Do a search here for mounting options and study the pictures. You can do this faster and cheaper than buying a mount.
Please delete repost mods

Last edited: