Top end rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

LeTweek

Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
I posted about this a few weeks ago. I had no success replacing top end with new piston/rings/cylinder... TWICE! Ended up buying new kit on Black Friday

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Thanx for the reply...
Wtf why is it so hard to find these parts in a kit ? Everyone has them on there site ,never in stock ! Then sold sepp. There twice (or more) then the kit???
It's the BIC lighter of the motor world. When it quits, buy a new one. It makes for lots of spares and silly projects....

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
It's the BIC lighter of the motor world. When it quits, buy a new one.....[/QUOTE]
So just how many miles can you expect to get out of a china girl engine

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
My problem here is ,if no one is rebuilding them why are the kits always sold out? For the price of one new motor i can rebuild three old ones ...
Then theres the matter of supplyers claiming they have rebuild kits on there web page but there never in stock. I have been emailing one guy for more then a year and nada???

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Another problem is even though all the china girls look alike, they're not. And another problem is most of the web stores don't do a good job of identifying the part well enough for you to tell what engine the part will fit. BikeBerry seems to be one of the best, but specific parts always seem to be in short supply.

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
I just ordered my new 66cc Black flying horse engine from bike berry today. Along with it I purchased a the NT speed carb, and the JNM vibration reducing motor mounts. Also got the combo brake and clutch lever thing to give it a shot.

Wish me luck guys? I plan on building it once well and getting to last. Also have a SBP expansion chamber exhaust on the way to compliment the speed carb. Might get a puch hi hi cylinder head to give it a good compression bump, but havent ordered it yet.

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
Frogster,
I have pretty much the same setup as you. Got a Speed Carb from BGF for $17 but didn't have much luck with it though. Going to try it out again after I get all the upgrades installed. I have a SBP pipe on the way and am still waiting for BikeBerry to ship my replacement cylinder, rings, and wrist pin needle bearings for my Flying Horse. We should compare notes after all our parts come in! Make sure to do some research on installation on the expansion chamber lot of stuff to know on it.

Last edited:

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Any body know who has rebuild kits for grubee gt-5?
Seems like everyone is sold out right now ...
Did you check gasbike.net? They seem to have top end kits, problem is they want $50 for the 48cc and $60 for the 66cc rebuild kit. The website says in stock, it will usually tell you there is no stock in the shopping cart on that site if they are out, but a call might be in order if you fear there may be no stock....

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
I have tried all the rep. Dealers that i know ,they all "say" they have the parts but when one finaly gets someone on the phone they can't come up with anything? The kits i do find are around $60 but sep. the parts can run to $100! Thats a lot concidering im trying to buy five top end kits...