A few more chips from cylinder?

GoldenMotor.com

Geebt66cc

Jan 29, 2010
Abingdon,Va.
Problem?

Just put Arrow reed valve on bike, with 15mm RT carb........Now, bike(66cc) is running even stronger! But, after a 3 miles test, I plug chopped and plug was very dark.......Well, I'm thinking rich. Ok, I just pulled head off to make sure all is good, and noticed only on front side (around exhaust exit port) there was a few chips of chrome? I've got total now of 700 miles on engine, and I just wonder if the chipping will get worse?

Question is, Is this typical.........? Do I just enjoy, and not worry about it?......or do I freak, and just wait for the time to come for it to sieze??????????

PS- It's running better than it's ever run now. Typical, another problem yet to come.....?

Ideas, TY

Glen:-||:-||

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
ANY chipping is bad news. The chrome is there to prevent the soft alum. from wearing away. You can run it but I would always be aware of the potential for catastrophic failure.
Having said all that, these things are cheap enough to replace the top end when it goes for under 40$ so ride it like ya stole it till BOOM!:)