Cadillac bycicle

GoldenMotor.com

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
Has anybody try to put a motor on one of this??
If so, pics? if not, ideas?
I wanna go with the Honda friction kit, the problem is that this is a full suspenssion bike and i need to do some "engineering"

It is an 8 speed with drum brakes, all in the hubs, no idea how it works but it does!!

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
I found it at a pawn shop, i liked it because its weird, but it does ride like a cadillac, never seen one before!

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I would do a rear mount 4 stroke, the frame should handle it. Don't leave the ground till you see what the frame is going to do wear wise. Welcome : I get caught up in bikes more than people, (c)

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
I was thinking about the Honda gx35, i have it on my Giant and it does very well, i took my first 50 mile trip today, enjoyed every minute of it

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I seen Cadillac and it caught my eye, I haven't seen that model either but I built some Cadillac Fleetwoods like this.

That looks like a Strumey Archer internal 8-speed, it would be shame to not let your motor use it, especially having front and rear drum brakes.

If I had that bike I'd strip everything off it and put it on a Grubee motorized bike frame with the built in tank, then put a 4-stroke jackshafted V mount kit on it.

http://www.gasbike.net/alum-bike-frame-gt-2-a.html

Heck they even a deal for the frame and a 2-stroke motor (48 or 66cc) for $80 off this weekend.

Tire rubbers are better than nothing but that would make you a motorcycle ;-}

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
Man, quit twisting my arm!!
That frame looks just great!!
I think i just found my next project!
Are the parts interchangeable with that frame? pedal assembly etc???
I'm sold!!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That is soo cool! I love that Caddy thanks for sharing.
Man, quit twisting my arm!!
That frame looks just great!!
I think i just found my next project!
Are the parts interchangeable with that frame? pedal assembly etc???
I'm sold!!
They should be and you have some nice parts on that frame, a good $350+ worth with those wheels, front shock forks and nice seat even used.

That Grubee frame has 1-piece BB (Bottom Bracket, AKA pedal assembly) holes but if you go Jackshaft that is a moot point as the shift kit includes all that with one exception, you will need the 1-piece to 3-piece BB conversion cups (~$12.).

There are 2 types of frames, one has a perfect front mount frame post, the other is for 4-stroke motors.
A 2-stroke JS kit fits the same as a regular front mount so great there.

Just buy a dual pull brake lever and Iridium plug if you go 2-stroke shift kit for SBP.

NOTE! Shift kits are are NOT easy to install but with that perfectly design bike frame it will be a whole lot easier and with a 2stroke, even a legal (here) 48cc that thing should fly.

I envy you having all those cool parts and a chance to get the new stuff for cheap. I hope you share how the build goes and I don't twist arms, I just tug them in a direction you might like ;-}

Last edited:

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
Thanks for the info KC, I will start making phone calls on monday!
Hope to make that a good winter project!