TN accident experience

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I was involved in a traffic incident where a car pulled out in front of me and i had to bounce off the side. The driver was ticketed for being in the crosswalk and I was not ticketed at all. The police asked me what size motor I had, and after learning it was 49cc(well, close to that...)they told me it was legal to ride in TN. My experience was NOT typical of most police so all riders should ALWAYS strive to be polite and respectful even if the cop is not. My two cents.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Also never assume you're guilty of anything no matter how guilty your sorry asz is. I learned from president bill clinton that if you're not a lawyer, you're not qualified to know if you're guilty of anything.

Pedalman

Aug 27, 2009
IL
I hit the side of a car with my regular non-motor bike once at a stop light and was sure as heck the people were gonna get mad at me, but though no cops were involved, they were more(the people in the car) concerned if I was hurt, than any damage to their vehicle(nothing much,maybe a little scratch). If this happened with my car only touching theirs, you can bet cops would be called, probably a little scratch would estimate to be $500 in damage,ect,ect....

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I hit the side of a car with my regular non-motor bike once at a stop light and was sure as heck the people were gonna get mad at me, but though no cops were involved, they were more(the people in the car) concerned if I was hurt, than any damage to their vehicle(nothing much,maybe a little scratch). If this happened with my car only touching theirs, you can bet cops would be called, probably a little scratch would estimate to be $500 in damage,ect,ect....
Yeah. The guy that I hit was looking to get paid so he was a drama queen. He was shocked when I turned out to be correct about him getting a ticket. Lol!