Revisiting Whizzers Past

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
thank you Ray for giving us a little bit of what you do when not working on your bike's. not alot of us gearhead's get to see history up so close. dennis

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Dale (msrfan) Has given permission to show some of his collection.
Dale is definitely a hands on man! Here's his whizzer power cycle truck,orange and white cantilever frame and green DX whizzers.
more on Dales collection to follow, it's going to be a real treat!!
Thank you Dale.

Attachments

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks Ray. These bikes have been on the forum before, but not all at one time. I started building motorbikes in the early eighties and haven't stopped yet. It's obvious the only inspiration I had back then were Whizzers, but with all the builds in the DIY category, there's no end to what can be done with all the different designs by fellow members.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Thanks Ray. These bikes have been on the forum before, but not all at one time. I started building motorbikes in the early eighties and haven't stopped yet. It's obvious the only inspiration I had back then were Whizzers, but with all the builds in the DIY category, there's no end to what can be done with all the different designs by fellow members.
Hi Dale and Thank you.

Sorry it's taken me some time to get back, we had a family friend pass from Breast Cancer. she was my wife's high school teacher,her husband was also my high school teacher.we've known them for the past 38 years.

Dale your motorbikes are always great to see,your whizzers for-sure and the configuration of your Briggs are nothing less then AWESOME.

Ray

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I'm good Grant, Thank you.
Hope your doing well, you get a chance to send off your crank?
I haven't gotten started with my DX or cantilever yet, lots of family stuff going on right now, I've done some wheels, going with the s2 painted ones. should start sending off the chrome stuff, DX will go back original , cantilever goes SoCal style!! Instead of chrome I'm going with nickel! paint for the cantilever will be black & off white, not sure about the color of the DX, I like maroon, but the DX blue looks good too.

Ray

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Thanks Neil, I'm hoping to pass out as much info about Whizzer as possible.
(A New History of Whizzer) is a great resource book!!
There isn't a lot of info about the Luxembourg Whizzers, i have access to some of them, so i'll share as much information about them in the near future. There are other Whizzer models still to come, and the new editions too.
A sneak peak of Lady's in red.

Ray

Attachments

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I'm hoping to add another Roadmaster soon, in the mean time Fred White of Ohio, writes a monthly news article about the vintage Whizzer in the Whizzer Newsletter, always great stuff too. I asked him if i could have some pics of his Whizzers, Fred restores,sells,repairs,makes parts for whizzer,like Ron Houk.

Fred also has a 1948 Whizzer pacemaker with J motor, auto clutch and generator. whizzer factory built,not the schwinn frame.you can tell by the gusset in front of frame ,again 1 of 600. he also sent me pics of his 1951 pacemaker with the 300 motor, auto clutch and built-in alternator. i'll post a pic of his sportsman later.

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Whizzer did a lot of advertising with the magazines like, Saturday Evening Post, Look magazine, Popular Science, Popular Mechanix and Life magazine.
This meant a lot of mail orders that went from the Whizzer factory to across the country both to Whizzer dealers and individuals.
The Whizzer Pacemaker was a big seller for them and the kits did well too.

Attachments

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Okay Jay, I'll do my best to give you the grand tour!!!
Some day i'll make it out to one of your rallies, you guys have a lot of fun, you and your wife show great hospitality.

Ray