Registering in MA

GoldenMotor.com

RonB

Jan 30, 2011
Largo florida
How do you get a title for a bicycle that has NO certificate of origin from the manufacturer ? Here in Florida the DMV will NOT register bicycles for that reason!

HseLoMein

Oct 30, 2008
Boston, MA
I register them as 50cc. Write up a bill of sale, and register it as used.you will have no problem.in MA the application says that YOU certify the bike meets federal standards

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
You dont need any markings or anything, just be a responsible considerate rider and you wont get hassled. There is no inspection everything is on your word. Really no need to overcomplicate it.

RadicalxEdward

Apr 19, 2013
Chicopee, MA
I sent PM's to Chainmaker and Happy Valley hoping one of you guys can help me. But in case there's any one else who's registered their bikes in ma I would very much appreciate your advice / help getting mine registered. The Springfield RMV (The only one I have access to) turned me down because it's not on their list of mopeds. They're the only RMV near me that has after 5 hours (open till 6 thursdays) so if I go back I risk the same lady I dealt with overhearing my unusual request and causing problems.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If you got shot down there you will have to find another DMV. Maybe take a trip to the one on China town. Go on with all your paperwork filled out and cash in hand. I've had luck the only bikes I've registered are 1950's so maybe they are grandfathered.

RadicalxEdward

Apr 19, 2013
Chicopee, MA
I'm actually located in western ma. And since i can't take time off from work right now I can't make it to another dmv, but if i can figure out how, did you mark your registration as new or used? since you're using old bikes, did you bring a bill of sale for the bike and the receipt for the engine? Did they mention anything about being on their bike list? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. try to be as detailed as you can. and THANK YOU!