chicago riders! where are you?!

GoldenMotor.com

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Anybody up for a ride in a few weeks in Chicago? I haven't seen many people here with a motor kit, maybe 3 or 4 total the past year. Wondering if there are enough people to do some races this summer?xct2

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Yo what up grease monky! I would be down for a race or something but not a lot of people round here have them... or just not on the fourm...?

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Well, first I gotta finish my 4 stroke conversion, using a 99cc HF engine. Should be pretty sweet. What kinda bike do you have? I still don't see many mbs around here. What part of Chicago do u live in? I'm in Oak Park.

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Yea that's like 35-40 min south of me I'm in highland park ... like 15- 20 min north of chicago ..... right now I have an old huffy that I put a grubee 66 on...
That's crazy you say that I my self am in the planning stage for a hf engine... not sure whether to do the 99 or 212 cc though...

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
If ya have a mountain bike, forget about the 212. Only cruisers are big enough. I had a hard time getting the 99 in my specialized rockhopper. And you will need some monster wheels for the 212. I'm getting the grubee HD axle and a double wall rim for mine.

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Yea I wasn't planning on tearing apart my mountain bike lol... I was thinking stretched cruiser... either a felt switchblade or a micargi bronco... what do u mean by monster wheels... I was thinking moped or motorcycle wheels would drolly work

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
i meant that you'll need some strong wheels to handle the 212. i think i'll do ok with the grubee hub and a strong rim. how will you fit a motorcycle wheel into a bike? the rims will be very wide, as well as the tires. most go with the worksman wheels. sooo... maybe a few of us can meet up downtown and take pictures with Happy. i was thinking millenium park then go for a ride by the lake.

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
What up! Gettin ridin again with an old jc higgins rat rod style :D
There are more Chicago riders in the area for sure, but havnt met all of them

Im near your area near 1st ave and ogden. Ill let tommyboy1422 know about this thread and maybe he can pass on the word for a summer meet and greet! :D

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
Yea I don't know bout the motorcycle wheel lol I was guess I was thinking more of a moped wheel... 17" rim with a 2.5- 3" tire would bring me to around 22-23" total... that would easily replace a 24" bike wheel... I'm not so worried about the front wheel set up..

JRock21584

Mar 5, 2011
Chicago
That would be cool to all meet up... we gotta try to get as many people we can... I only know two people with mb's... also u think the grubee hub would work well enough? And is it only one size sprocket?

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
also if u guys want every friday by my work 22nd and loomis theres been guys bringin out custom land speed motorized bikes and runnin each other. ill bring my bike out at lunch time ( 7:00 pm and race em too, even though i lose-lol but come on out guys.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
that exactly what it is phil, actually thier pretty kool, they mad the frames, they do look pretty wicked, ill try and get a pic this friday. maybey you guys all wanna meet up there one friday at about midnite when i get off, we can all go midnite cruisin downtown friday, hit a few hot spots downtown and up north, it would be a blast

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
ahright, here we go, i beeter see some new faces lol these are the upcoming event i know of, ill be at all of these rain or shine, as long as the ride is all good. 1. brookfield custom car show location broadway, maple and grand( tri intersection ) july 22nd- sunday ( 9 am to noon ) 2. tilted kilt car show location 6401 w. 95th st. oak lawn august 5th ( 9 am to noon ) 3. cruise nite/ drive in movie location 5700 s. archer rd. summit,il august 17 friday ( 7- 10 pm ) 4. tilted kilt car show location 1055 s. weber rd. bolingbrook,il august 19 sunday ( 9 am to noon ) 5. bourbon st car show location 3359 w. 115 st merrionette park,il (9 am to noon ) 6. south holland classic car show september 1 saturday location ( veterans park) 500 e. 160 pl. south holland,il ( 9 am to noon ) 7. american spirit car show september 9 (9 am to noon ) location tilted kilt 6401 w. 95 st. oak lawn,il 8. tilted kilt car show september 16 ( 9 am to noon ) location 6320 rt 53 woodridge,il 9. at the office car show september 23 ( 9 am to noon ) location 4901 cal sag rd crestwood ,il 10. riverside garage car show september 30 ( 9 am to noon ) location pine and east riverside,il

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
Tommy edit ur post so the car shows u listed are more itemized.
If i get my frame repaired by the weekend cruise out to my place first before heading to the brookfield show!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
to get a list of all the chicago area riders which thier is alot do this
1. on top of forum below the logo click on community
2. from the pull down list select member list
3. on right top select search members and from pull down select advanced search
4. where i says location put chicago

that will give a list of all of them here on forum. their is 157 of them

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
thanx paul ,appreciate that, however i recently did this, added everyone that made more than 3 posts recently and i only got one add. seems as if people are not on here latley, at least from chicago.so like the post reads, where the he ll are all you guys? i dont even see anyone out riding, man, screw this im movin to cali, where the weather is nice, and the girls are two for one :)