are some stock cruisers longer than other?

GoldenMotor.com

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville
Sort of hard to tell after looking at a bunch of cruisers, but it seems like some stock bikes are longer than others. I'm not talking about the strechted bikes either. I want my first project to be fairley easy and I was told by "bike berry" that there were a lot of mods needed to be done for a strecthed bike. So my question is, without going into the streched bikes, are some stock cruiser bikes longer?

Like this one from spookytooth looks a lil longer and lower. Is it just smaller tires?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Just like cars bikes have varying wheelbase lengths.
It is not so much the length that matters though, it is the angle and diameter of the front bar that matter.

You want easy?
Go with a classic '10-speed' type V frame with the front tube the same diameter as the back and motor will drop right in without any modified front bracket.

For the most part however you will want a better front mount anyway due to angle or tube size so I just use the SickBikes mount that best fits the tube.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
dyno and kustom kruiser are the one of the best. strong, long [about 4'' longer] and rear dropout's shimano hub's. aint cheep but worth it. i cant pass one up if the price is right +/- $75-150 and up i have never seen anyone break a frame with a small motor. good luck finding one as most people keep em. dennis

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
dyno and kustom kruiser are the one of the best. strong, long [about 4'' longer]
Kustom Kruiser's you say?
I have not seen one but I guess I better check them out considering my business name....

Do you have a link to their web site or maybe dealers in Phoenix?
Thanks ;-}