Maybe a stupid ?

GoldenMotor.com

j3000

Jan 5, 2012
Michigan
I was wonering if you could take a 26" beach crusier and turning it into a whizzer by using repo parts and original. But also i was wondering if you can change the front fork of the bike to get the original look. If not then were could I get a frame from my whole budget is about 1,000 bucks. So any help will be helpful.....

Yes,

Many of the parts are interchangable between the vintage and new edition motors.

You will have a hard time staying within the $1000.00 using a Whizzer motor. The new edition motors will need many electrial parts whereas the vintage motors are self-contained.

Vintage motors will need to be restored and the average rebuild cost is between $350.00 and $450.00.

You can install the vintage "springer" or current repops on most newer frames without much effort.

The motor mounts from the vintage Whizzer will work with either version of the motor.

Most vintage motors don't have any provision to power lights built in.

Items such as carburetors, motor mounts, compression cover, and the exhaust manifold can be adapted to either motor.

If you elect to use a vintage motor, I have a friend with a rebuilt Whizzer "H" motor for sale [email or contact me via private message if interested]. I rebuilt the motor for him approx. 2 years ago, and he only managed to put about 500 miles on it. It has all the motor mounts, controls, original carburetor, and runs really good. Only parts missing are rear sheeve, clutch arm & pulley [available from several sources]. He kept the original tank, but put a current 1/2 gallon tank with it.

You can purchase the new edition motor or complete kit on Ebay from Taiwan, but will need at least $400.00 more to modify.

Hope this answers your questions.

Have fun,