4 Stroke Recumbent

GoldenMotor.com

Butch K

May 9, 2008
Princeton, MN
This is my latest build. It has a Honda GXH50 motor with the Grubee GearBox.
It has Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires and thorn proof tubes front and rear. It has a 56 teeth chainring on the front so I can still pedal with some resistence when cruising at 30 MPH. The maximum speed is 42 MPH with a 50 teeth sprocket on the rear. It was a lot of fun to build and even more fun to ride. I'm still debating whether I should leave the fenders black or paint them orange. What do you think? I also just bought some plastic primer and am going to paint the red engine cover orange to match the bike.
I've also included a picture of another recumbent that I built last year. It is yellow and has a Grubee Skyhawk 49cc 2 stroke motor.

Attachments

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Nice! I bet that thing is a comfy ride, for sure.

I would leave the fenders black. Have a nice black/orange combo going on there :)

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Butch K,

I can see the engineering to make it all work. I like the way you put it all together. They are both nice and the bright colors make it more visible on the road.

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
Butch K,

I can see the engineering to make it all work. I like the way you put it all together. They are both nice and the bright colors make it more visible on the road.
noone will have a problem seeing that on the road, colors aside recombenants are rare in charlotte ive only seen one. and a motor Ihave only seen one of these besides my own project.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Nice looking bikes. The in frame design for a recumbents is unusual, but look really good :) Looks like a fun set of bikes :D