Bgf ubolt and plate front mount

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Anybody know how to mount this? It utilizes a plate and a ubolt..
Pictures sure would help...I'll take a stab tho.
I wouldn't buy from BGF much less use their WEB.

There should be 4 holes in the mount. The two close together, bolts to the engine, the remaining two is where the "U" bolt goes through. Install the mount to the engine, place engine in place, snug the rear mount first (leaving enough slack to move the engine), then take the "U" bolt and insert it into the mount from outside the tube. Something like this.....
On yours the clamp will be reversed.

This is one sold by Sick Bike Parts
This should be the way your clamp should go.

Last edited:

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I have four or five of those BGF plate things. It appears that the U-bolt nuts interfere with the engine mount when you go to tighten it. DUMB. I threw them in a corner and got the SBP mounts instead.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I have four or five of those BGF plate things. It appears that the U-bolt nuts interfere with the engine mount when you go to tighten it. DUMB. I threw them in a corner and got the SBP mounts instead.
I bought boxes of parts/engine from a member. That mount was included in the lot. I was going to sell it, but after mounting for a picture, I threw it away...bunch of junk (like you said...interferes with the engine). I'd be ashamed manufacturing it.

maintenancenazi

Oct 22, 2011
Asheville
^^ Yep, that BGF mount didn't work for me either. I ended up fabbing my own plate, that would actually fit and work from some 6061-T6 plate I had laying around. scratg