Looking for a trike gotta have a trike ect

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I put that bar on the rear of the trike so I could get dual rear brakes as well as the front one, I feel a lot safer now and getting closer to taking it out of the neighborhood for a spin, Maybe go to the mall or to the bike shop on main street

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
FYI the smallest cable they sell at home depot will fit fhrough the brake caliper and even through the sheath used for bicycle cable. It is about twice as thick as the bike cables I had. No it doesn't have the lugs on the ends of it but It will work for home made brakes and stuff like that.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

recent changes to the trike. New brakes for the two rear wheels. It had none. I should note that i used cable from home depot to rig the dual pull brake system. very old school

new box to replace basket with reflectors.

The photos look much better than the trike lol

Last edited:

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
You know me deacon, have to eyeball everything. Those cables on the rear brakes pulling at nearly 90 degrees dont look like they will last too long. If 1 fails you loose both brakes, could ruin your day. Why dont you route them throug a pair of brake noodles?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
good idea they are just for emergency I use the front mostly. But I also noted that they had the rub potential I should have at least put some brake sheath in to ease the corner a little. If I check on the floor of my shop I am sure I will find some brake tubes laying about./

Tourezrick

Nov 1, 2011
Chicaga
FWIW - J&B (the distributor for Sun trikes) does stock delta trike rear axle assemblies - your bike shop, if it deals with J&B should be able to order one for you. Just be sure it is a hi-ten steel assembly. A good welder should be able to cut off the existing rear assembly and glue the new one on. Bonus - you would get an assembly that can use disc brakes, which you would have to buy, and you would also have to buy appropriate hubs (the disc rotors mount to the wheel hubs) laced to appropriate wheels. You would still have a very, very tall trike which will make for instability.

Jag

Jan 21, 2012
Terre Haute, Indiana
The Miami Sun Trike with the 15mm axle is probably the best tricycle to motorize. I have had a lot of success with them. There is a lot of room for engines in the step in. The stock one piece crank easily fits the width of the china 2 strokes. No top bar to get in the way. The area for the usual kit muffler clears without bending it and points to the floor (like it supposed to be) The seat post is oversized and very strong. The rear axle guards are very strong also. The stock chainring is a perfect 36T that will match the 6" capacity of the sprocket to be used in the rear. The under estimated front brake is gigantic and really a gem when modified with 3" racing shoes. The fork is heavy duty and can take a 24" x 2.125" fatty with no problem, even using the stock front fender. The steel neck is adjustable for any height. Parts are readily available all the way down to the axle key on the Web. If you see this frame lying around somewhere, grab it. You will not be disappointed with all the possibities.

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
,,,, well I can believe that finding a trike frame is difficult to find at a give away price they all seem to start at 250 thatstoo much for me but those pix ya'll postd are pretty much what I have in mind and I am thinking on putting brakes on the rear wheels!! good jod on those trikes guys

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
,,,, well I can believe that finding a trike frame is difficult to find at a give away price they all seem to start at 250 thatstoo much for me but those pix ya'll postd are pretty much what I have in mind and I am thinking on putting brakes on the rear wheels!! good job on those trikes guys