Thoughs on the quality of Whizzer motors from Taiwan

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
SO. I see their are still "Whizzer" motor kits available. A guy on ebay has some but they are in, and made in Taiwan. Anybody messed around with these. Im about to pull the trigger on a Worksman kit from Pirate and was really wanting to go 4 stroke if I possably can. Thanks for helping out a Noob: Dan

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
I asked the same question here and on another forum...same response, buyer beware. I hear that when it comes to these engines, Quenton is the man?? I am sure someone in the forum can put you in touch...more cost better reliability, less frequent visits to the surgeon.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I wonder what the kit he is offering would be like. I see he is stating the he is not affiliated with Whizzer, but looks to he a suppler. I see he is using a new flywheel, stating that it is from the GY6 honda clones. The head has an extra head bolt and so on. He claims he was involved in the upgraded engine. I love my Whizzer but it did take a lot of work to get right. I would take a chance on one of his kits, the Whizzer was made in Taiwan like that is any revelation. I have beat mine up pretty bad and it just keeps running, I love the sound of that pipe with no baffle. Have fun, Dave