One bad adjustment now a Couple of Problems.

GoldenMotor.com

da1nonlysteven

Dec 31, 2010
Oshawa Ontario
Hello!

Thanks for reading and coming up with suggestions if any!

I have been slowly adjusting things as I go trying to get the best out of my engine ( 2 stroke 66 cc VIA Zoombikes) The engine itself has 300 kms on it.

I was riding yesterday and it was running well felt the clutch slipping a little so I tightened the flower nut and it made no difference. I then adjusted the internal clutch spring ( tightening it " ie. Put a small bar in one of the slots through the clutch post hole and rolled the engine backward half a turn.)

I also sanded and fit the clutch pads so that they "float" in the hole.

I took the bike out for a test ride last night, and the clutch seemed to be working better but the engine seemed to hesitate and the whole bike would jolt forward once in a while ( Usually at higher RPM's). I didn't think anything of it I put the bike away for the night and decided to work on it the next day.

I decided to ride the bike to work the next morning. Bad Idea. On the way home from lunch the bike would not stop jolting and would bog down quite often.

When I got home i did a plug chop and discovered the plug was covered in oil, and I raised the clip on the carb needle two notches upward ( Since the plug was quite black)

I also adjusted those slots through the clutch post back to its original position ( ie. Forward 1/2 turn)

I now try to ride the bike and I get a few things.

1) Engine still bogs down and jumps
2) I have a hard time starting it and keeping it started
3) When it does run it idles SUPER high no matter how much the carb screw is adjusted ( Idle Screw)

I really hope you guys have some ideas, and I thank you for your time in reading this.

Thanks,

Steven Gill