Most powerful bicycle on earth?

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Does anyone have a bike that lays more than 52rwhp (rear wheel horse-power)?

Enjoy,
-Luke
Nah, no one here has anything close to 52 hp with a gas bike.
You got us all beat. You win.

The 11 hp water cooled Morini is the biggest gasser that is racing
at Willow Springs that I know about. We are having a local ride this
Saturday and I will be discussing some simple rules with a few racers
about Willow Springs.

I hope you have been reading what I have posted at endless-sphere.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27345&p=405564#p405564

Everyone that is coming please post here with as much info as possible
to help me plan for you eBikers.
Only 38 days to go

How many bikes are you racing?
What kind of bike? Speed?
If you are racing an eBike that is closer to an Electric Motorcycle than a bicycle
please run it by me first if you don't want to be disappointed on race day.

Must have working pedals to race. Can cruise not race if you don't have them.
PS: I have little interest in debating racing rules like I have read here.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Does anyone have a bike that lays more than 52rwhp (rear wheel horse-power)?

Enjoy,
-Luke
Endless-sphere.com • View topic - Hill Climb Event in San Francisco May 14th...
Well said dogman...

These young guns are crazy.

After the race liveforPhysics was telling war stories..like battle injuries of broken bones and crashes....i.e. driving yourself to a hospital with a broken arm..."i have done that before".

He has really paid the price to have the skill set he has and to have that life full of adrenaline rushes......i was on a similiar (but less intense) road when i was younger..street racing rice rockets etc..and after a few close calls had to take a step back. Also now that im older my bones break way easier ....

But watching the speed demons on this board has a tendency to suck me back in....makes me want to build something way faster.

I go back and forth...but right now i am like...oh man...i just want to ride, have fun and not get hurt...i dont want to go down that path of insane performance and end up in a hospital... I got this fear of hospitals...its something about that smell..and those sterile looking hallways, and fat nurses in lab coats (hot nurses are only on tv)....gives me the jeebies....

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i ain't afraid of a bike you can barely ride. as the old saying goes, "it's not the car, it's the driver."

going fast straight is easy. (wait, i saw the video, it should be easy:))

i wouldn't want to race it in the 1/4 mile, though. but i'd race it for 10 miles. it would die out as fast as a 2 year old cell phone...

liveforphysics

Apr 19, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
It would have >35miles of range at the speeds your gassers travel. ;)

And I could strap on 3x that battery if I wanted to have >100mile range.

It was made for a single event, a 1 day hill-climb, and only a hill-climb.

For tight track racing, I wouldn't want more than 10hp, because it's just stupidly over powered to try to ride otherwise.

liveforphysics

Apr 19, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
Re: An ebike that no gas bike will ever match.

**** no!

As I've said before, this bike was built in 2 days for a single hillclimb event.

It would be absolutely retardedly over powered on a tight road course.

For Willow, I'm building a custom bike from the ground up, something with 1/5th to 1/10th the power.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Does it have functioning pedals?
Can you fix darn near any part on it and be back on the road in an hour?
Can you by fuel at most any station?

Nice build for what it is but no need for the arrogance. Just my opinion though ride on.

liveforphysics

Apr 19, 2011
Santa Cruz CA
Does it have functioning pedals?
Can you fix darn near any part on it and be back on the road in an hour?
Can you by fuel at most any station?

Nice build for what it is but no need for the arrogance. Just my opinion though ride on.

Yep, pedals work great, and you can ride it just like a normal BMX.

I definitely can fix just about any part on the machine on the side of the road as needed. I've been building ebikes out of scraps and nothing for years, I can certainly fix one easily enough. :) I build my own controllers and wind motors and build packs in my sleep. :)

It can fuel at better than any station, it can fuel at any electrical outlet. :)

The pack is capable of a 10min recharge from totally empty to totally full, but I normally only carry a 1 to 3kw charger with me when I'm out and about, so it takes half an hour or so generally. At home I can do a 10min recharge though. If I wanted to spend some money on the battery, I could use Nano-Tech cells and have a 5-6min recharge, but I just built this one from scrap parts.

Thank you for the kind words. :) Ebikes rock! Silent, insta-killer-torque!

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Sounds like hands down the best bike in the world so how did it do at deathrace? Was this the ebike that won the race?

Your thang is fine but I still say no reason to be arogant. I like combustion, but parts are parts, a fine line between crazy power and drive it to the race and back home.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Cool read elmo,

perhaps in a hundred years there will be an article about liveforphysics riding the fasted electric powered bike in the world. unofficially.