leaning trike

GoldenMotor.com

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
so i have seen many plans, and many ideas, through research of my own, results of other peoples research, and just from day dreaming. My goal is ultimately to build a leaning recumbent trike with the dual front wheel. This is just an idea at this point as i have only started my own research to determine what exactly i would need, and where exactly i want to go with this build. i do want to use a 4 stroke just to try one out. probably more then a 49 cc, although legal size motor for Maine is 49cc or lower. shhhhhhh as long as it dont say its above 49cc most police of the area wont have a clue.

the main purpose of this build is to see if it is a good idea to have a motor assisted leaning tadpole. thoughts of instability has been pushed into my brain, but with the dream process pver and the research begining, i plan to be either to recomend this or say ya not worth it.

oh and if anyone has ever tried motorizing a "leaner" please post your results so that way i have even more information on the mess ill be getting into

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
if your looking for idea's. honda made a leaning 3 wheel scooter in the 80's and their were leaning trike kits for h-d and gold wings a few years ago. i know it aint much but maybe a start. goodluck dennis