20 Year Old RANS Stratus

GoldenMotor.com

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
Second Weekend - continued. Made up a front triangle brace & tacked it in. Tomorrow I'll weld some top caps, remove the chain stays, and then see what the engine looks like up close to the frame.

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'm startin' ta see where yer going w/this and I gotta say I'm diggin it! I'll be lurkin' this 'un fosho (^)

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
This is gonna be a cool one! I like what you are getting at :D How did you get a springer the right size?
-LS

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Simple and KOOOOOOL,I be watching. I have a 20 low rider springer Got the whole bike at garage sale for $100,they cut the frame and the pedles tuch the ground when you turn or lean. Now I know what to do with it

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN
Missed posting last weekend, so here's weekend 4 - first picture. Not too much visibly accomplished, but added needed bracing and roughed in a rear engine mount which isn't visible on this picture.

Weekend 5 got the basic engine and rear wheel frame completed. Next weekend will be cleaning up some of my poor welds, adding gussets where needed, and mounting up the engine again for top mounts. Maybe even mount up the rear wheel and see how big of a hammer I'll need to align things.

Attachments

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
That is definitely not a cool bike :p Just kidding! I really like the look, what I would do if I were you, which, thank god for you you are not me, I would put the seat really far back and make it kinda a pseudo stretch cruiser. Good job so far!