If it aint one thing it's another

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
The mounting saga coutinues. I am taking my time with this build and that's a good thing because if I had believed the 2 to 4 hours installation that the install information told me I would be in deep stuff. Nothing fits, nothing works as supplied. Bolts & nuts are missing, the supplied front motor mount will not work even if I was to drill a hole in the frame. I have a block to fab a motor mount out of, it will take some work but it will be a nice mount. The throttle did not fit the handle bar untill I modified it.
I had a big fight with the sporcket, I did win that battle. I have found and installed a center stand, I have installed a very cushy Serfas sprung seat with a sprung seat poast. If I ever get to ride it will be neat. I had to put the cow horn bars back on because the paper boy bars were too short end to bend for all the stuff on the bars. In a trial fit I have just found out that the pipe will not clear the peddle. It looks like at least 1/8 of an inch will have to be ground off the inside of left ped. So far I am not happy with the quality of the kit, ah well it was cheap. It is a Stinger motor with the supplied kit mounted on a Schwinn Jaguar bike. All this and I don't even know if it will run.

Jim C.:-||

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Persistance pays off..things usually get better. I have one of those days a couple times a day.
Cheers

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Jim,
Do not grind the pedal. 1/8" is not much. The pipe can be easily bent enough to clear. Clamp the flange in a vice and just bend it. The Jaguar, like most cruiser style frames with a large and curved down tube requires a little inginuity and imagination in the way of a front mount. Check out this thread> http://motorbicycling.com/f6/motorized-bicycle-oversized-tubing-solved-6427.html You'll find a lot of good mounting ideas there. I currently have two Jags. They make a great platform for a motorized bicycle. Once you get the bugs worked out you'll be pleased with the results. Use the search feature, keyword, Jaguar' and you'll see what other members have done with this bike. Don't hesitate to ask if we can help get you on the road.
Tom

Last edited: