Climb Mt. Mitchell (AVL, N.C.)

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Looking to put my ride to a test, anyone care to join me?

Start: Downtown Asheville N.C.

Finish: Top of Mount Mitchell (highest point east of mississippi)

It is about 40 miles and is about 4000+ ft. in elevation climb.

I would like to see how others riders rides handle a rigorous terrain like this.

If you don't make it, just turn around and coast down the mountain to the place of origin.

My schedule is flexible, and can practically go anytime. Would like to do it soon. Maybe this upcoming weekend?

Shoot me a line if your in. I think I'm going to go this upcoming weekend anyway if I don't get any replies.

Don't let me have to show you pictures from the top,

Attachments

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Last call,

I'm getting antsy.

Goal and objective: Make it to the top of Mount Mitchell without pedaling (6680ft.)

If I do not have anyone that can give me a solid YES, they are going to go by Friday at 5:00 p.m. then I'm going to roll solo this weekend. If I have a solid YES before then, then I'll hold of and try and coordinate and work something out with who ever wants to go, or we can roll out this weekend if that works with you.

Let me know before 5 on Friday if you wanna roll................................

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
It is getting hot down here in Florida and I'm trying to get out of town for the summer. Looking to get back to Asheville N.C. for the summer. Anyone interested in climbing Mt. Mitchell with there motorbikes if I can get out of here for the summer? Thanks