Four year build!!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Millsy

May 16, 2010
Mandurah West Australia
This is my CM3Astrotrike

I started this when I last signed up here, Got lost in the shed and have just come back to the group.

This is one of three trikes I have built.

A lot of work and $ went into this, and a lot of help from my one armed mate Mark who saw what I was doing and gave me encouragement alone the way.

This is the First out of the mold and runs a 24volt electric motor running through a jack shaft. I have built it For mark and all the controls are on a single joystick. So my mate Mark can use it.

So you can do what ever you set your mind to, It just needs a bit of time.

Attachments

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Excellent job, you Aussie's are a creative bunch! Seen lots of interesting stuff come from there.

You should build a gas engine one next!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
That thing is Awesome! Very nice loving this! Please keep us posted this is interesting, and thanks for sharing. I would love to see that in person. Shoot I would like to own one of those.

Last edited:

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
as Bill and Ted would say , EXCELLENT ! < guitar solo sound >

Nice work !
Have you thought about adding some solar panels to it ?
Theres a good thread in the electric bike section to do with solar panels to charge the batteries .

Millsy

May 16, 2010
Mandurah West Australia
I have it in my head just got to get the latest bike finished. I have an early three wheel Morgan replica in mind with front strut system which I have made from front suspension forks.

Just got to see how it goes.
Millsy

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I hear ya. I road bikes all my life. Could not really hug a curb to well in traffic with that. I have been through so many winters rain sleet snow. A covered wagon would be nice:)

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Nice Job! It can't be done, that won't work, blah, blah, Yes it CAN be done! I got tired of having people saying that. I have a Schwinn Meridian Titan trike with almost 500 miles on it. I don't like it so it's torn down and I am going to make it better, safer,more rider friendly. Got a thumbs up from a Cop Fathers day :) .trk

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Millsy,
Clearly you've built something very special with your project. I would imagine that your friendship with Mark also grew as the project came alive. Try to post a little more frequently than every four years... ha! One of the best things about these motored bikes of one kind and another is the enduring friendships which are made in the process of building them. Congratulations to both of you guys. Awesome!
SB

ken murphy

Sep 19, 2008
xct2
Nice Job! It can't be done, that won't work, blah, blah, Yes it CAN be done! I got tired of having people saying that. I have a Schwinn Meridian Titan trike with almost 500 miles on it. I don't like it so it's torn down and I am going to make it better, safer,more rider friendly. Got a thumbs up from a Cop Fathers day :) .trk
letz see a picture heres the 1 I fabed

Attachments