how to wire up a morini

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
need morini wiring info. s6s 9.4 hp model. mine came so poorly packed that the wiring conectors were smashed and all the wires fell out of the conector, can some one with a morini show how they wired it up. kill switch too. thanks. john.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I'm not sure the difference between the 5.8 & 9.4, but my 5.8 only has the spark plug cable and wire for the kill switch. One wire for the kill switch goes to the black wire from the mag and the other wire for the kill switch goes to ground.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
FR31, The 9.4's comes with an external cdi. I have one on my new motor and just like all the other ones like it, I can't get it to run like it does with the 5.8 ignition. So far I'm 0-3 with them "so called" better ignitions.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
heres the info i put in the other thread, i'll put it here so it will be easier to find for others needing it.
if your conector plugs are shatered like mine were you'll need to know the color code to match the wires to. after a late night of searching i found the info on a scooter forum.

from the motor the blue wire goes to the blue wire of the cdi. the brown wire goes to the red/black wire of the cdi. the yellow/green wire goes to the blue/white wire of the cdi and the black/white wire on the cdi is the kill switch wire.
there was some talk of the brown wire being a rev limiter and it was said to cut the brown wire for more rpm's, don't know how true the rev limit info is.