Mounting a Slant Head?

GoldenMotor.com

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
That actually sounds interesting. It may take a couple days to get things together but it will be worth it. I'll post results at some point in one of the slant threads.

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Cool before you know it we will have alot of measurments around here for the different motors.
Takes alot of the guesswork out of things.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Ok, here is what I know now about my slant head Pizhou Yongxing "50" cc motor from Zoom. Despite the fact that the sticker states 68.5cc it is indeed a 48cc motor as ordered. the bore is 1.575" or 40mm. The stroke is 1.483" or 37.668mm. After doing the math for cubic centimeters I arrived at a value of 47.728cc. The piston is flat and originally came flush to the top of the jug but now rises above it by .023" because I replaced both gaskets with hand cut aluminum gaskets. The studs measured 6mm. Hopefully this data might be of use to others.

Attachments

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
now if you post the volume of the head we can calculate your compression.
Take it off and sit it level.
Keep an old plug in the head.
Fill it with oil to the top by using a 6ml dropper.
Keep track of the ml.
1ml = 1cc nice.

We can calculate your comperssion.

Bombardier

Feb 3, 2010
australia
the book that came with my 66 cc engine say the 50cc has a 40 mm bore , the 55 cc has a 43 mm bore , the 60 cc has a 45 mm bore and the 70-80 thats actually 66cc has a 47 mm bore .my 50 has 6 mm studs but the 60 and 66 cc has a slant head and 8 mm studs

Sparks66

Nov 4, 2009
San Jose, Ca
Well I finally mounted the slant head. I thank you all for your input. I bought a gasket and it was the same size as the old one. What luck! I torqued the bolts to 13 ft. lbs. and now I am experiencing an extra 1 to 1.5 mph. It may be my imagination but the bike also seems to have more torque once it gets going.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Thats the higher compression you feel as torque. they say it adds 3 mph to your top speed. so, your imagination is just fine thats real speed and torque. i love my slant head.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Ok, here is what I know now about my slant head Pizhou Yongxing "50" cc motor from Zoom. Despite the fact that the sticker states 68.5cc it is indeed a 48cc motor as ordered. the bore is 1.575" or 40mm. The stroke is 1.483" or 37.668mm. After doing the math for cubic centimeters I arrived at a value of 47.728cc. The piston is flat and originally came flush to the top of the jug but now rises above it by .023" because I replaced both gaskets with hand cut aluminum gaskets. The studs measured 6mm. Hopefully this data might be of use to others.
kip they put those stickers on because they ran out of the orig ones lol the easiest way to really tell is the 50 box says ie40f and the 80 is ie47f how u like that thing? they are really slow till broken in

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Hello fly, I'm still waiting for "the day", this has been my winter project and I am doing only one or two things a day and engineering my way out of various issues as the build moves forward. So as of yet I have not fired it up. It's funny I have had dreams where I am riding this thing. I will be sure to post when it's running. Thanks for posting the info about the box I.D., that should help the next confused enthusiast.