Make new edition Whizzers work better

GoldenMotor.com
Just a few comments to help smooth out you new edition Whizzer and make it more durable in the process.

My suggestions will require a fair degree of mechanical ability, however the end results are well worth the effort.

Most likely end result will be more power, consistent power [less fade when hot], easier starting, steady idle, faster throttle response, better gas mileage, cooler operating temperatures, and higher chance you will return home under power, not peddling.

The majority of the work must be performed to the cylinder!

1. Many cylinders have a casting extrusion in the top of the exhaust port [as much as 1/2"]. Remove the casting with a Dremel grinder. Results are all the above because the exhaust charge can leave quicker & smoother.

2. Remove head, cylinder, & valves and "Deck" the cylinder. 99% of the cylinders will have "grooves" cut in the top when it was milled. Solution, use #220 sand paper on a FLAT surface [marble, thick glass, etc] and continue to work the top of cylinder until completely flat and all the tool marks are gone.

3. Lap the valves into the seats with valve grinding compound [available at any auto parts store].

4. Liquid test the valves. After the valve train is re-installed, pour liquid into each port to see if it leaks out the valves. Your liquid selection will determine how serious you are about this test. Water will not leak as easily as gasoline or alcohol, I use alcohol.

5. Paint the cylinder with black cylinder paint. Many want to argue this point, and I don't really care because I have tested this concept hundreds of times and it always drops the operating temperature and beside it looks "cool". The vintage Whizzers had black cylinders.

6. Bake the paint on for 3 hours @ 350 degrees. Some cylinders weren't cured the same as others and this process helps condition the aluminum to lesson the chances of the head bolt threads pulling from the cylinder, and bakes the paint on also.

7. Replace the head gasket with the copper version. The copper gasket can be reused many times, seals better, and transfers heat better.

8. Mill head .060". Place head on same flat surface used for the cylinder and work until all the tool marks are gone and the head is 100% flat.

9. You will think someone put a different motor on your bike, and will wonder why you didn't do this a long time ago.

10. Ride

PS. Many 2005 to 2007 motors NEED mushroom lifters.

Have fun,