Cell phone picture downloads?

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Im not sure how these things really work; but is there a way that members can send cell phone pics directly to the pics & vids page??
I know that you can do it on facebook...
Just a thought, might be cool?? :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Venice,
Please don't make my life anymore difficult than it already is. I've just mastered my TV remote. Now I can watch a DVD when my wife isn't home to do it. Cell phone picture transfer is just a little out of my league. :)
Tom

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
Venice,
Please don't make my life anymore difficult than it already is. I've just mastered my TV remote. Now I can watch a DVD when my wife isn't home to do it. Cell phone picture transfer is just a little out of my league. :)
Tom
thats the funniest thing i've probably seen on this forum. but onto what venice is saying, that would be a good idea if we had more tech-oriented members and hate to say it, but you and only a few other people (me included) would use it enough for it to be worth the time for it to implement it. would be cool to have it though :D

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I'm posting this message from my HTC Dream. When I go to the link for managing attachments it says uploads are disabled but you do have the option of linking to an url so if you use a service that will accept mobile uploads like Picasa you should be good. I'll try one in a sec and see how it does :)

EDIT:

I tried a post with a link to a pic I took and uploaded to Picasa via my mobile device. It did not work out so I deleted the new post. Picasa linking is funky, I'd have to upload to my own space somehow it appears but again it's too many hoops to jump through to make it a quick and clean experience. I don't know if it was this site's settings that disabled the uploads in the manage attachments widget or if it is somehow my provider or mobile browser that disabled it. Attachment widget again works fine on my pc with Firefox but in the mobile browser uploads are disabled but the option of upload from url is not.

Last edited:

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Not related to mobile device picture posting but I have this app on my device called my tracks, it's pretty neat. I can use this app when I go out for a ride to map where I went then I can upload it to google maps and view lots of interesting data like speed and distance, ride time etc online.

A link to info about the application.

My Tracks