Driver Awareness Test

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
The Golden Rule: Always ride assuming you have not been seen!

Your ability to identify and anticipate potential hazards BEFORE they become problems is a vital one. Make it your new best friend.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
That was a real good example of how the average driver would make the quick observation when pulling out from a side street in front of you. We are the Bear

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
I was just missed being hit by a Jeep the other day and what occurred to me that afternoon is that some drivers or probably half the drivers on the road will never perceive that a bicycle should be traveling at anything over 10mph max. So when they glance in your direction for that brief millisecond there not evalutating your speed, there looking for another car or truck, or something that will cause significant damage to them should they move in it's intended path. I now firmly believe that this is the most dangerous form of getting around, yet I continue to ride in the hope I don't have that life altering accident with another vehicle. I now fully understand that they will never learn that some bicycles are moving at a greater rate of speed than the normal cyclist does. I use a very bright headlight which helps most of the time, but not all of the time. Ride somewhat cautiously because they won't.