207 Mph Motorized bicycle!

GoldenMotor.com

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
my china girl is "slightly" slower than that.

i think i may need a new exhaust... that ought to do it... lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
No parachute to slow down? And no front camera view? Rats! I wanted to see what a ride like that looks like from the rider's perspective. Probably close to what I see when I ride my old Norton bike. :)

Thanks Paul.

Tom

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
I was wondering about this too! At what point in mph do you start to float above the ground? Not good for handling, I would guess. This guy is awesome, but I am still in awe of the speed record set by Glenn Curtiss in 1907. The story is a bit shrouded in myth, but he built his own V-8 engine with eight separate finned cylinders. It was rated at 40hp, with a direct shaft drive to a bevel gear at the rear wheel. The bike was crazy long with super long handlebars. He took it to Ormond Beach Florida and proceeded to race it down the beach to a speed of 136 mph. He then turned around to complete a second run to verify this speed, but his bevel gear was exposed and locked up with sand on the return run.

It was an unofficial record, but it stood until 1930 in France when a supercharged 1,000cc v-twin motorcycle attained 137mph. If interested, just google Glenn Curtiss, and you'll see him astride his crazy bike with a leather football skull cap, heavy wool sweater, riding pants, and long boots. Those were the good old days.

Not to take away from the jet bike, but 1907 was a long time ago.

Gilbert

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
It is amazing what we did over 100 years ago compared to today in 2016, Its also amazing what we can do now. Anyhow I hope they don't find out about the physics of light weight objects at 249 mph the hard way... and that contraption looks pretty weightless.

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
Ive considered such a set up, its no good in traffic though. I figured no one would appreciate havong the front end of their car set on fire at stop lights and signs. However it would only happen about twice before word got out and they started giving you SPACE at stops.
laff

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
As far as take off, its only partially speed that determines this point, its speed vs weight, vs an objects inherrent lift or drag. This is why as im sure you know really fast ground vehicles use wings amd other effects to create down force on the vehicle. Although he is taking a position similar to a long jump skier who is trying to create as much lift as possible, he is far enoug off perfect to create drage and turbulence to keep him pretty grounded. What would be fun is to see this set up on a recumbent bike wjich would be super fast. And probably kill him. So maybe not.

leo

Jul 20, 2015
southern wv
As far as take off, its only partially speed that determines this point, its speed vs weight, vs an objects inherrent lift or drag. This is why as im sure you know really fast ground vehicles use wings amd other effects to create down force on the vehicle. Although he is taking a position similar to a long jump skier who is trying to create as much lift as possible, he is far enoug off perfect to create drage and turbulence to keep him pretty grounded. What would be fun is to see this set up on a recumbent bike wjich would be super fast. And probably kill him. So maybe not.
hmmm...
a jet powered bicycle... with wings...

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
what this guy said,
Maxi Hdz · Oficial Técnico at El marlin welding shop,
muchas felicidades, me pregunto como le hiciste para mentenerte montado en la bicicleta! como es que no salio volando!

I would spray foam fill all over me first, let set and dry, then ride.......LOL...........
1/2 that speed would be scary!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
what this guy said,
Maxi Hdz · Oficial Técnico at El marlin welding shop,
muchas felicidades, me pregunto como le hiciste para mentenerte montado en la bicicleta! como es que no salio volando!

Here in the south it would be "Hey y'all watch this"!

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
All he needs is a steep ramp a, parachute and a good prayer, plus a springer seat to soften the blow when he lands. Yea 20.7 mph is all I can handle.... on a bicycle, that's plenty fast enough for me on something so light weight. I'm working my courage to go way up to 20.8 mph soon.
laff