eBike news and items of interest

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Looks cool, looks pricey. I have heard of plans for H2 fuel stations to separate the H2 from water on site via hydrolysis. No tanker trucks or pipelines needed. Just a 4inch water service and a 640kv electric service. I will be investing in my local electric utility when that happens.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Ok. Close enough I guess. LOL

"Military developing stealth motorcycle."

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/04...orcycle-to-let-forces-travel-fast-and-silent/
Does it look like this: My Juiced BIkes Cross Current 'S' in stealth mode, or this? I love
this bike. It has more than bikes costing 2, 3 times as much. The down side, if you
preorder now, it may be a couple mos. before it arrives, That's if the latest batch
isn't sold out already. My batch sold out quickly; the wait was maddening, but Wow,
it was worth it! 28mph type 3 pedelec, 5 modes, 650 watts that feel like 1000. I can only
describe it as being like skiing hardpack with 4 inches of new fluff powder. Mine's
got a 21Ah hyper-extended range with 100+ mile range. 1000+ charge cycles
*the funky old saddle is mine, not stock, but comfy

Attachments

Last edited:

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Kool! - I want one :)
Hi Wheela, long time no see. Have been on this site for months, To busy riding.
What do you think of the new format? seem as if all our 'likes' got cancelled in the change
over. Old toy, new toy The blue Giant has a 2.2 hp (1650 watts) Tanaka with a GEBE kit, 33mph,
80 mi. range on 2 liters.(without trailer etc.) The black Juiced Bike Cross Current S, 650 watts, 21Ah
33 mph, 100+ mi. range. The CCS cost a fair amount more than the Giant setup, but the performance is astonishing even though range & speed are similar. 15 cents worth of electricity for a full charge. If James Bond rode a bicycle, the CCS would be the one. (*saddle old, not stock) 048.JPG 002.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Otero, Ann wrote that on October 5, 2015. Unfortunately she hasn't been on here in many months.

Steve.
Sorry to hear that, I haven't been here in quite a while myself. Didn't check the date
on her post. Still like my gasser,but the electric is a truly amazing new toy. Maybe
she's found a new hobby. She's always upbeat.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Her health was deteriorating do to a serious illness and I just looked at her Facebook page and she hasn't posted in a very long time. This is why she stopped posting on the forum.

Glad to hear you like your electric bike. I'm welding up an electric tri car to use up a lot of the parts I have stashed away. I'll have photos in the electric trike section as soon as there is a break in the weather.

Steve

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Amazing that all the major bike manufactures are coming out with new ebikes.. Most states the laws are really strict on gas bikes however ebikes most states put in three classes. class 1 is pedal assist till 20mph which the same laws that apply to a regular bicycles apply to the electric bicycles. In Europe they have charging stations all over the place for electric bikes, hopefully this happens in the usa soon. Here is a video on how tough these things are

Reactions: indian22

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
We were discussing the upcoming CSC e-scoot (smaller than the City Slicker) on a motorcycle website. Somebody posted a link to this 72v Onyx RCR ebike. The website claims a top speed of 60 mph, but you can pedal it like a bicycle. It does not cost much more than a 125cc scooter from Taiwan and seems to have comparable performance.
https://onyxmotorbikes.com/#rcr

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
That's a good looking café/retro scoot & at $3,500 or much less on pre orders it should continue to sell out. 0 to 30 mph 4 second claim with 75 mile per charge range is impressive also & 110 v. & coupled with 4hr. charging makes this e bike a serious big boy company challenger. It looks a bike that Look at the massive spokes on those wheels!

I'd consider myself a potential owner! It looks to be a bike that shorter riders could mount without a ladder as well.

Rick C.

Reactions: fasteddy