Titan White Knight Men's 21-Speed Mountain Bike

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us here.

Your choice of bikes doesn't present any problems for motorizing that I can see except the down tube shape and size. You didn't tell us what engine you plan to use but if a Chinese 2 stroke kit, you'll have to deal with that downtube where the front engine mount is. There are aftermarket universal mounts or if you're handy with metal working you can fabricate your own mount.

Good luck and let us know how things progress,

Tom

Batman6583

Oct 15, 2015
USA
Thanks 2door, Yes l plan on installing a 2 stroke kit with a large front motor mount opening and l also plan on Installing aftermarket universal mounts, are you familiar with that type of handlebar, will I need to cut off the end at the upright to install the Throttle?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Installing a twist-grip throttle is going to be a challenge on those bars. You might be better off looking at replacing the bars with something a bit more traditional. The standard is 7/8" diameter, which is what the kit throttle is made to fit.

I'd probably look at replacing the bars as opposed to cutting up the originals, just in case you ever want to revert to a pedal bike to sell.
There are lots of handlebars to choose from out there that will lend themselves to a throttle.

This is of course assuming those bar ends will not come off. Are they actually part of the handlebar or an addition that can be removed?

Tom

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us here.

if you're handy with metal working you can fabricate your own mount.

Good luck and let us know how things progress,

Tom
I wouldn't exactly say you have to be "handy with metal" to make a universal mount for a 2 stroke kit. You just need some steel plates, a grinder with a cutoff disc or a saw with a metal cutting blade, a drill with metal cutting bit, and some of those U shaped threaded rods (the name escapes me at the moment). Then it should take you about 10 minutes to make your own mounts.

Batman6583

Oct 15, 2015
USA
Installing a twist-grip throttle is going to be a challenge on those bars. You might be better off looking at replacing the bars with something a bit more traditional. The standard is 7/8" diameter, which is what the kit throttle is made to fit.

I'd probably look at replacing the bars as opposed to cutting up the originals, just in case you ever want to revert to a pedal bike to sell.
There are lots of handlebars to choose from out there that will lend themselves to a throttle.

This is of course assuming those bar ends will not come off. Are they actually part of the handlebar or an addition that can be removed?

Tom
Tom Thanks

The Bike has been ordered I guess I'll decide once it arrives

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I wouldn't exactly say you have to be "handy with metal" to make a universal mount for a 2 stroke kit.
...some of those U shaped threaded rods (the name escapes me at the moment).
Then it should take you about 10 minutes to make your own mounts.
A U-bolt muffler clamp works dandy.
It gives you a 360 grip and a flat spot to attach your connecting plate.