I saw a guy riding one of these

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I was riding home from school last night, and I passed one of these going the other way. It was dark, and I didn't get a good look at it as it went by, so it took a few seconds for it to register. Then all of a sudden it snapped, and I decided to turn around and go talk to the guy. In just the few seconds it took me to turn around and chase after him, he had already gotten a mile away. I almost lost him because he had turned down a side street.

It's a Prodeco Stride. The owner was about 50 yrs old. He said he's gotten it up to about 25 mph with pedal assist, and he paid $1500 for it. Apparently he only lives about a mile from my house, and I've never even seen him before.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That is one tiny battery, whats his riding time maxed out ~25MPH? 10 minutes?
I'm guessing he might get about 20 miles on a charge based on the way he was talking. I doubt he could sustain 25 mph for 20 miles. That would be pretty hard pedaling. 25 would just be a quick, short term sprint. He said it will cruise without pedaling at 20 mph which I believe, because that's about how fast I saw him riding.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Prodeco sells some e-bikes with nice cruiser frames too. The even sell a stretch cruiser version.