Updated bike/pics...

GoldenMotor.com

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
I thought it was about time I'd post an update...

I've been riding now for about 5 years and this is my 3rd motor - (5th frame too) Very happy with my bike at the moment and looking forward to getting her tuned up a bit more so I can move away from the std 44 tooth rear sprocket...

I'm currently running a stock 69.7cc Evo4GT engine from www.transformercycles.co.uk (now sold out apparently...)

Using the beast every day now and getting a lot of looks on the way to work and back!! Not very common these things in the UK...

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
Today I fitted the beefed up front suspension and 26x2.35 kenda tyres which barely fit my frame and only just miss the drive chain!!

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
Need to tackle the tank next... Looking for a more discreet option... Any ideas??

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for the update, evogav. Five years is a lot of miles. Congratulations on building a successful and apparently a reliable motorized bicycle.

If by "discreet" you mean stealthy, then my idea of using a small motorcycle fuel tank isn't a good one. The biggest problem with a tank that doesn't look like a tank is where to mount it. It must be higher than the carburetor so that limits the places you can mount unless you use a fuel pump.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Tom

evogav

Nov 15, 2008
UK
Another update - A bit of my piston ring decided to weld itself and the piston and the barrel together whilst riding to work yesterday... Rear wheel locked up so I clutched in and was forced to use my legs to get me to work...

Either new engine time or upgraded barrel/piston/head time now...