Looking for a good MTB with suspention

GoldenMotor.com

Bohemian_Lady

Feb 7, 2013
Hawaii
Here's the scoop, I just ordered a Honda GX35 OHC Mini 4 Stroke 36 Spoke kit from GEBE I also ordered the 36 spoke rear wheel. Which means any 26 inch MTB will do, but in all seriousness I NEED a MTB with full suspension becasue our dirt road is **** on the solid frames. It tears up the tires, snap spokes, untrues a wheel like you would not believe! The bike is for my boyfriend, so he can get back and forth to work. He would prefer a 21 speed to cut down his commute time, currently on the 49cc 15 speed he's doing 15 miles in about 45 minutes. A 21 speed will only knock it down to 30 minutes, but 15 fewer minutes in the rain makes for a happier boyfriend when he gets off work and its pouring buckets.

So any suggestions, the speed can be fugged but the suspension is a must.

Bohemian_Lady

Feb 7, 2013
Hawaii
Full suspension mountain bikes are everywhere I don't see a problem. How much money you got?
It was a matter of budget and the fact that I live in Hawaii. Sometimes getting the thing you need on an island is a serious pain. Everytime I looked in local stores they had solid frames or mono suspension and the rear fork wasn't big enough for the GEBE kit. Eventually I did find one at Walmart that fit in my budget range of $150.

Bohemian_Lady

Feb 7, 2013
Hawaii
It's some weird off brand, a Hyper Havoc FS. As for the GEBE kit its awesome, there were some complications with the frame and my belt already seems to be worn out.

The belt is mucked becasue one of the bolts kept shearing off causing play in the belt that wasn't suppose to be there. It was pretty obvious when it happened and nothing that a zip tie can't hold until I get to the hard ware store. Where I bought loads of the bolt that was breaking.

The reason its fussing like it that is that the L bracket used to keep the motor from running back off the end of the bike is under extra tension. Its suppose to sit on the part of the frame where you attach fenders. The problem is that part of the frame on my bike is so small that I had to grind away some of the steel bracket. The bolt hole is also at the wrong angle, this resulted in me hitting the bracket with a single jack until it was at the right angle. The bolt still shears but not as often, the l bracket is attached to another piece of steel with a bigger bolt. I'm going to get a grade 8 bolt the same size as the big one and my neighbor is going to weld the L bracket to the frame so it doesn't do that any more.

This picture shows the bolt that is shearing in the red circle. The bolt that isn't circled is the one that I'm going to replace with a grade 8