Say hello to my little friend

GoldenMotor.com

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Hey guys and gals , well this is my first build with a mountain bike , it's a very quick little beasty I named blue ( for obvious reasons ) .
I've owned her for close to 12 months now and she runs fairly sweet , had a few mechanical issues here and there and learned the lesson not to purchase kits from a back yard sale as I believe these motors were seconds ,run very well but things like the casting of the head is fairly rough and a few seals needed replacing , without warranty the seller wouldn't replace the motor , all good lessons learned though

I went all out with accessories with this one as well ,I've fitted indicator/ brake/tail lights ,new polymers in the shocks , wireless speedo which has a few rf issues at idol , rim lights are also fitted so it looks like a tron bike at night , mud guards and comfy suspension seat , all round a very comfortable ride

It is a great all round first build and as rugged as a rock and haven't had many issues at all ,she's done just over 230 km and apart from some oil leaking at the exhaust (running 25/1 mix ATM ,contemplating a lower mix ratio ) she runs well

I have the added bonus of being able to kickstart her using the bump start method ,just lift the seay ,crank the peddle and drop the clutch and she's a goer no float tickle needed at all

But allas in the hunger to do more builds she is up for sale , looking for $300 as I have an urge to do another build on a hybrid bike ( the road x mountain bike type) so hoping for a sale within the next few weeks to get this hunger sorted

Anyway hope you enjoy the pic
Regards Henshooter

Attachments

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Believe it or not ,1 minute after posting this I got a call ,sold her for $300 to a guy that lost his licence and needed transport for work ,kind of sad in a way because blue was my first build and it was like getting rid of your first car and although I'm a man (blokey bloke in au ) I found it to be a somewhat emotional experience ,like id lost a family member ,so consoled myself by purchasing an original retro tail light for my cruizer ,quite pricey ,well it will be mine in 15 mins if no one else bids ,gonna look sweet on the cruizer

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Good value for someone in need of transport, at that price.
...but I gotta say it sure is nice to have fenders to keep that water stripe off you, but they are a real liability on motorized bicycle. instant stop.
rc

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Good value for someone in need of transport, at that price.
...but I gotta say it sure is nice to have fenders to keep that water stripe off you, but they are a real liability on motorized bicycle. instant stop.
rc
These are thin plastic ones ,I believe if chewed they would rip before they stopped the bike but can clearly see where your coming from I tore off two of these so replaced the anchor points with bolts fitted with nylocks and locktite they wobble a tad but after 12 months of riding never had an issue since .
On the other hand my cruizer is fitted with metal ones ,every anchor point bolt has been replaced with nylocks with rubber washers to prevent vibration ,locktite on all threads and all anchor points reinforced with either 2.5 mm plated stainless , as well the side stays have all been reinforced with 4mm hardened stainless rods which are anchored at the same points as the stays,they are hidden behind the angle too so it's got the reinforcement without losing the retro aesthetics took a while to complete but I could almost stand on them and they stay rigid ,that's saying something ,I'm not the err lightest of fellows

Regards Henshooter