project snow bike

GoldenMotor.com

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
SHE LIVES, got it pretty much finished, just gotta ride her into work and weld in the swing arm braces.

hose clamps make me happy

had to use the stock peanut tank, couldnt figure out a good way to mount the tank i made

pic of the rockers, cdi mount, and the temperary exhaust pipe, high temp silicone hose clamped in, going to bend and weld up a conduit exhaust pretty soon.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Wow that's so cool, I like it a lot! Hey I think you might be able to find a similar shock for your bike with a softer spring for the mini-quads since they use two for the front suspension, TNC or Monster scooter might have them still.

Buzzerbiker

Sep 27, 2012
kalispell MT.
Very cool. moon! Is that shock a non dampened unit? With the length of that suspension I wonder about rebound on a bigger bump. Manitou has a new line of affordable air/oil bike shocks, "Radium". I use Manitou as opposed to FOX based on price. Good products. Can't wait to see the next video, good job!

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
the dampening of the shock is done with rubber bushings in the shock body, its a very cheap shock from a very cheap bike. right now the suspension is stiff, running a 650 spring now, think i might hunt around for my 550 and see if that makes the ride better. ill have to check out the manitou shocks, always did like manitou products

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
the dampening of the shock is done with rubber bushings in the shock body, its a very cheap shock from a very cheap bike. right now the suspension is stiff, running a 650 spring now, think i might hunt around for my 550 and see if that makes the ride better. ill have to check out the manitou shocks, always did like manitou products
You can change the suspension rocker ratio's for tuning too.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
yea, i redid them for the longer swingarm, but i think my math was a lil off lol. i still get about an inch of sag with me seated and another 4-5 inches of travel, but it just seems, rough lol.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
it works out pretty well, the swing arm needs some braces welded in, it does flex some, not enough to throw a chain, but more than i am really comfortable with. so braces will be welding in sunday if i ride it to work. the long wheel base makes it really stable. you can slide it around on the road with one foot down and controll the slide with the clutch. ill try to take a good video of it tomarrow during the day.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Hey moon, did you get any daylight footage yet? Very curious to ser how it looks moving...i couldn't see anything in the video...crappy android phone...

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol

here you guys and gals go, its been hectic at work, havent had much time for fun. the bike stalled at the end of the video because the carb got clogged. i wasnt running a fuel filter, so its my fault lol.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Awesome job! It reminds me of how long wheelbase cars and trucks are fun to slide because it slows down the yaw movement into a long lurid carve :D