Im looking at this bike but

GoldenMotor.com

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
Hi all first post after introduction well Im set on a 4 stroke handa Im not looking for speed i need pulling power this is the bike im looking at but the tires are huge with a 29 well the 49cc Flying Horse 5G Pull Start Bicycle Engine Kit- 4 Stroke chain pass by the tire to the wheel Sprocket ?

heres the bike it a Genesis Onyx 29" Cruiser Bicycle
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Genesis-O...gMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
Thanks moonerdizzle Il keep looking My hopes are finding a retro bike I love the old 1920s look and maybe a hand made bamboo and wicker basket sidecar man that would make a nice lite weight grocery grabber.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Measure about 9.5" to 10" down from the top tube, then you'll need at least 8.5" of clearance for the motor mount plate, unless you fabricate your own. Hope that helps.

davidstipek

Jan 25, 2013
chiangmai, Thailand
Guys I found this video with a 2 stroke in the Genesis Onyx 29" Cruiser and there lots more room please let me now if im wrong about putting a handa 4 stroke in it and Il give it up and keep looking thanks all.

see what yall think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9sMecZcL5w
Most 2 cycle have a smaller crank area any little if any oil there. Thus you mix in your petrol. Its the other way around when 4 cycle is looked at crankcase with oil for lubrication. (Look at your Lawnmower, amount of oil it holds and how big the housing is)

If you look at the bike you are concidering. The V in the seattube and down tube from front fork is very narrow, at the BB (Pedals). Its okay that the seat tube come right down to bb, but to concider 4 cycle power the pedals could be moved forward from this location, giving a wider area...OR... the down tube from front fork come down closer to front wheel then angle back to connect to BB (pedals housing).

Understand why they are concerned it being too tight??
:-||

Find yourself an old frame as close to the look of your hearts desire bike then you can cut and play with frame to see what we are talking about. old frame alone might cost 5-8 USD.
David

(We have all been there and experienced this delemia) This is why most either use older bike they can Modify or go the cruiser/chopper look, again I said most... Not all :)

Last edited:

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
thank you for moving my post i should of did a better search i found a lot of posts on this bike build im I also have the car today so im off to wally world with my tape ruler wish me luck

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I made this Onyx 29er with a china girl motor. Anyone says there's not much room with this frame hasn't looked close enough. Everything on this bike is huge. A 4 stroke kit motor will probably be a better fit for this bike than a 2 stroke. The 2 strokes are almost too little for it.

If you can see closely on this bike, there's a mm front motor between the motor and the frame. All the frame tubes are oversize. The front down tube is even bigger than on my Felt. The top tube is so big it's difficult to fit the stock gas tank. It sits so high you need at least 34" inseam to ride it.

IMO if this bike isn't big enough to motorize none of them are.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I made this Onyx 29er with a china girl motor. Anyone says there's not much room with this frame hasn't looked close enough. Everything on this bike is huge. A 4 stroke kit motor will probably be a better fit for this bike than a 2 stroke. The 2 strokes are almost too little for it.

If you can see closely on this bike, there's a mm front motor between the motor and the frame. All the frame tubes are oversize. The front down tube is even bigger than on my Felt. The top tube is so big it's difficult to fit the stock gas tank. It sits so high you need at least 34" inseam to ride it.

IMO if this bike isn't big enough to motorize none of them are.

He is absolutely right about these bike having plenty of room. I just finished one for a customer and it was nice and roomy. I think just about any motor will fit in these frames.

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
Thanks very much guys Im 6.1 tall so I need a large bike and this is perfect naw im looking at the hassle of registering it with DMV here in Washington.

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
Did you manage to get a honda kit? I've wanted one bug haven't found one, only found imitation 'hondas' called huasheng :p
Im still waiting on tax money to come in but yes I found a handa kit and they also state the handa as a 49cc witch helps to register the bike as under 50cc in my state here
http://blowbyumotorizedbicycles.ca/90301.html

I mite start with a Huasheng for first bike then later easy swap out update to handa later heres what there kite has and the qmatic is installed already thats a plus for me heres the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHCEe2kUhQ

Last edited: