Finally figured out wht my motor wouldnt tune

GoldenMotor.com

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
did a rebuild of my motor used all the same parts that came with it cleaned it up been running it for a month. and ive got oil on my jug 2 fins up from the base and 1 to 2 fins down from the exhaust.

now i know what was causing the funny idle and loss of power

Last edited:

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
bad casting on the jug minor cracks and pin holes 2 fins up from the base gasket gaskets arent leaking at all no oily residue by the gaskets at all

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
i had residue form leaking gaskets but i rebuilt it and now. the places i have the oily residue on the jug is in a place where the gasket is 2 fins away and the fins near the gasket are still clean

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
its not theres no gunk by the intake. the area around the intake and exhaust is clean and the fins right by it. its 2 fins down from the intake which is why im pretty sure my jug has a bad cast and possibly cracked its always ran funny no matter what i did to it since i first got it

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi, a while back some 1 posted pics of a jug that had pin holes in the casting, from the outside thru to 1 of the stud drillings,,,, not this kind of thing ur talking about tho. It would b good 2 c pics of urs. Cheers