How about this bicycle?

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This looks like a bike with possibilities. It's $350 at Costmo. The only problem I see is if you remove the rear disk to install a sprocket adapter, there's no mount for any other type of rear brake.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Nice bike but something isn't right having your butt higher than the handle bars. Wouldn't be very comfy riding like that. Personally I like an adjustable quill for height and angle.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Looks solid, biknut!

Nice bike but something isn't right having your butt higher than the handle bars. Wouldn't be very comfy riding like that. Personally I like an adjustable quill for height and angle.
That depends on the rider. Most really fast riders on fast bicycles run that way, because having a high seat promotes proper leg extension while low handlebars promotes aerodynamics. Also, it's easier to be your own suspension that way as opposed to being a heavy-sitter on a cruiser with a springer seat, really bent legs, and handlebars useless for anything but holding on and turning gradually.

I ran rear-up and duckin low for years, but I agree with you: it's hard to get comfy like that.

No need to with a motor helping out :D

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Yup!

I don't like the 'launch position' for bike riding, either.
It's standard for power-pedaling, but just not required for a mab.

A shifter kit might be the best way to go! I never had one.

Good luck
rc