Getting the bottom mount on my exhaust right?

GoldenMotor.com

Murph

Jun 3, 2011
Illinois
Hey,
So i recieved my bike assembled, second hand. Had to fully take it apart for the first time (omg snapped engine mount is ****), and putting it back together, I get this:

The bolt doesn't line up on the bottom of the exhaust. Should I drill a new one? Should I loosen the engine mount and adjust everything until it lines up? I'm sure someone will beat me over the head for mentioning it, but should I consider JB weld or something?

The whole setup looks really kinda iffy just to begin with. All those cable ties? :/

I dunno. Is there a better way to do this?

Also, on a side note, the left pedal just-so-barely touches the exhaust. I could move the engine a little, but I think that'd put it off center. Is that a good idea?

[edit] Also, ignore the makeshift muffler cap :) it works quite well! [/edit]

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
Just drill, a new hole. no big deal. ;)
NO you do not drill a hole into an aluminum framed bike. Especially in the area where the OP has lissted as possible drilling area.... the bike can collapse whilst in motion....

aluminum has only 1/3 of the tensile strength as mild steel...

there is a reason all aluminum bikes have wide diameter tubing....

the reason aluminum is chosen is because of its other attributes such as light weight and corrosion resistance.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
NO you do not drill a hole into an aluminum framed bike. Especially in the area where the OP has lissted as possible drilling area.... the bike can collapse whilst in motion....

aluminum has only 1/3 of the tensile strength as mild steel...

there is a reason all aluminum bikes have wide diameter tubing....

the reason aluminum is chosen is because of its other attributes such as light weight and corrosion resistance.
If you look close at the picture, he has a steel plate already mounted to the frame... that's what I'm saying to drill the new hole through.