Red Panther Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com
Hi Sportscarpat,

I think the head you have is the version made by Miles, and had some early issues with valve guides. The fix is to install a "roller" on the end of each rocker arm to reduce the side-force. I did notice the end of the rocker arms have a rounded edge, however if it were mine, I would install the rollers.

I have been looking for the Albion transmissions for many years, and just haven't found one at the price I want. There are around and were used on the ROKON off road version, check on EBay.

Have fun,

Have fun,

Last edited:

doug713

Dec 5, 2009
lake havasu city AZ
I like the idea of sectioning off the rear third or quarter of your in frame fuel tank and making it into the oil tank and run a line down from there just like back in the day

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
here ya go.this is turning into an ohv thread
Hey, you started it and I'm much poorer today than a couple days ago! Seriously, though, I like the oil tank idea. I will experiment on a tank here and see how it goes. Could be as simple as a piece of tubing welded top to bottom in the tank and a second cap and bung to fill it. That would be very cool.

doug713

Dec 5, 2009
lake havasu city AZ
I like that idea even if it was just the diameter of the bung and the heigth of the tank it would hold ten times the oil of that little glass cup let me know what you come up with i'll send mine back to be retrofited

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Just drew it all up. No problem to retrofit the tanks. I'll do yours and mine at the same time. It will be a nice little gravity feed oil system. We need to find some roller tips for the rocker arms. I think I have an old set of roller rockers for a V8 kicking around. I will remove the tips and then laser cut some trick little rocker arms in stainless and can add some lightening holes to them while I am at it. From there we machine the tip to accept the roller. Maybe we'll have to start an OHV thread to document our upgrades. Can't wait to see these rocker arms rocking away for all the world to see. It's going to look like 1915!