beware of people

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I will say, no matter how bad the dog - I've yet to find a mutt I disliked more than their owner.
QFT. Most bad dogs are the way they are because of their owners, IMHO.

In my neighborhood they don't have owners.
Reminds me of when I lived in Alaska, on the Kenai peninsula. Feral dogs everywhere in Soldotna. One dark Feb afternoon I was on my way home from the grocery store on the Huffy trike I had at the time and the biggest rottie I ever seen started lumbering after me. Thankfully, he/she accelerated like a Winnebago and my adrenaline powered me up like Lance Armstrong with 2 danglies, and big dog lost interest as I maxed out my gears. laff

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Pay attention when locking and unlocking your bike. People may approach from behind and ask about the bike or wait till you turn around. Most are genuine but not wise, to approach that way, but a few may be aiming to rob you.

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
This is the sidewalk etiquette that I've adopted to when bike lanes are not available or it is not safe to ride on the shoulder of the road.

When I approach a person from behind on a sidewalk...........I cup my hand around my mouth and throw my voice at them and shout "Coming up behind you", It makes Kings and Queens step aside. When I pass them when they step aside, I say "Thank You" and motor on thru.

When I approach a person from behind on a sidewalk and they are smoking a cigarette.............I cut the engine and sneak up on them, when I get right next to them stealth like. I shout. "Right Side" letting them know I'm passing them on the right. You should see them loose control. They cover their heads like a bomb had been dropped. It is good for them though, scares the **** out of them.

210Don

Feb 13, 2011
San Antonio
Unfortunately, here in San Antonio, it's illegal to ride your bike on the sidewalk. And you can be fined like $200 for doing so.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
That is pretty ignorant, even if you don't like smoking cigarettes.

Sounds like you are being a jerky cyclist, and asking for a collision with a disoriented pedestrian at your own fault!
Quote: "
When I approach a person from behind on a sidewalk and they are smoking a cigarette.............I cut the engine and sneak up on them, when I get right next to them stealth like. I shout. "Right Side" letting them know I'm passing them on the right. You should see them lose control. They cover their heads like a bomb had been dropped. It is good for them though, scares the **** out of them. "

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Glad you liked................................

This is what I do for the jerkboxes that are on their bicycles on the sidewalk riding at me, but not paying attention where they are going. I cup my hand around my mouth, and throw my voice at them making it sound like I'm alot closer than I really am. I shout "HEADS UP" like a collision is about to occur if action is not taken. You should see the shimmy on there hands, there handlebars go back and forth in anxiety and they lift there head and move aside.

It is like fishing...................... You control the head, you own the fish.