Morini Questions

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I have a question for you Morini guys out there. I don't have a motor yet, and am looking at the Morini dimension drawing I found on the Morini USA site. This drawing gives a dimension from the center of the engine to the center of the drive sprocket of 55 mm. Using a metric tape measure I measured the engine center line to sprocket centerline of a Grubee (China) two stroke and came up with about 35mm. So that's 2.16" vrs. 1.37". Are Morini engines mounted offset to the right in the frame so you can run a typical motorbike rear sprocket and idler? I don't see how the Morini can be run on center with a standard 110mm rear frame dropout width. What's everyone doing to make it fit?

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Mounted mine offset to the right slightly.
As a benefit for that work, the pipe fits great, if it was centered it wouldn't be able to slear the frame/

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i'm starting a morini build now. worksman frame and nuvinci hub, i'm using the sbp 4 stroke shifter kit (parts of it anyway) my plan is to mount up the shifter kit and get the right side chains lined up and that will determine where the engine will go, the jack shaft should allow the engine to mount any where you want it.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks for the replys. I received a Morini engine yesterday and it's huge. I am also attempting to put it into a Worksman INB. First impression is that it simply will not fit. Plan is to loop the down tube for a clean installation. As for off-setting the engine to one side, that may have to happen for fitting both the exhaust and motor side chain. If I don't offset to the right then the frame rear triangle will have to be widened. Looks like a nice challenge!