Not really...

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
...a travel or adventure so to speak.

I got a couple of bikes out front for sale, and just to "make sure" I fired 'em up and took 'em for a ride.
I went quite a ways on the first, then the second one, I went so far that Mrs. Joe thought I got lost or broke down.

Nope, just couldn't turn around for awhile.

AND NO STATE PATROL!!!!!!!!

My heart was pounding all the way, thinking "If that guy pulls me over one more time, I am going to jail fo'sho'!!!"

He didn't, I didn't, now they are parked out front waiting for the next owners.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
dontcha hate that feeling?

when i moved, my insurance got messed up because they sent it to my old address. in caifornia, you need insurance to have a license, and it automatically goes to the dmv, so if your insurance gets cancelled, your license gets suspended.

so i get a letter from the dmv telling me my license is suspended for lack of insurance, make some calls, find out it can be re-instated immediately if i go down to the insurance company and pay in person, then they send the dmv proof, blah blah blah, so i did.

but, i've gotta ride an extra-loud, toy motorcycle through the same town that gave me a ticket for no license to get there. if i woulda got pulled over, my license would come up suspended and i'd probably go to jail, or at least, get the bike impounded and a hefty ticket. saw 10 cops on the way, and each time, my heart was jumping through my chest.

it's ridiculous.