Bicyclemotorworks review

GoldenMotor.com

dstaskel

Jun 5, 2016
lititz, pa
I recently bought and mounted an advanced motor and kit from Matt at motorbicycleworks out of Bethlehem PA. matt gave quick and consistent feedback and help along the way. the product that I bought was extremely well crafted and runs all the time without giving me any issues. I even changed the engine type mid order and matt kindly met my requests without issue. I cannot recommend this business enough!

Attachments

totalnewb

Jun 19, 2016
Flemingsburg, Kentucky
Re: motorbicycleworks review

This looks great. Tell me how that muffler wrap works out. I'm thinking of buying some of that this weekend. Its supposed to improve performance and reduce some noise.

dstaskel

Jun 5, 2016
lititz, pa

I love the muffler wrap and with the metal zip ties the wrap stays put and looks great. as for a difference with it on and off I could not tell you. all I know is with the wrap on.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA

I purchased a imitation Fred head that he had, he clearly said it was an imitation but he actually cleaned it up and filed down the sharp edges, before he sent it out, also bought some really good port matched gaskets from him. It was fast shipping and I got what I expected. I haven't purchased a motor from him but I would do business with him again.

dstaskel

Jun 5, 2016
lititz, pa

BICYCLEMOTORWORKS, not motorbicycleworks - sorry I was pretty tired when I wrote this review last night.

Nanfoe

Oct 15, 2016
Florida
News flash Matt's bottom ends are "not" balanced. The stock cylinder gasket wasn't even replaced. Then when the bottom end locked and I tell him "I had to peddle home" he told me the chain was binding from being loose and hid behind ebay's 30 day refund on day 47, 17 hours in. So shame on BICYCLEMOTORWORKS, Matt has been in business for over 15 years and now he's selling half worked engines for 400 USD. You guys have been warned.

I recently bought and mounted an advanced motor and kit from Matt at motorbicycleworks out of Bethlehem PA. matt gave quick and consistent feedback and help along the way. the product that I bought was extremely well crafted and runs all the time without giving me any issues. I even changed the engine type mid order and matt kindly met my requests without issue. I cannot recommend this business enough!
Hey buddy nice pic"But"your motor is not even mounted!!!

Only one review and he's local, there's your sign.

Last edited:

Richard Murphy

Nov 5, 2019
I ordered one of their advertised Zeda 80 kits from their website but received an integrated cylinder and head combo china motor that shipped from Chino California. They do not deliver what they advertise! I tried emailing three different times and I’ve gotten one response over a week ago! I also Tried calling and leaving a message with no response so their customer service is CRAP!! The trash motor that they sent me I could’ve bought for 90 bucks on eBay. So if you want to trash motor go ahead and buy one off eBay and save you some money. The good reviews with this place must be from their local people That can just walk over and fix their mess up! BUYER BEWARE!!!! Do not buy from these people!! This is what they sent me versus what I purchased. And I have gave them Plenty of time to respond before posting this review.

Attachments

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Sorry Richard for you're BMW experience. I've ordered motors and parts from them, on and off, over the last 7 or 8 years and been quite pleased with product and service. Being new to the forum welcome and I hope this incident doesn't keep you from building and enjoying this hobby.

Rick C.

kelly dean

Oct 3, 2019
kentucky
I'm sad to hear about your experience richard, my 2cents worth ive bought a couple of motor kits and assorted parts and goodies from BMW and its always been good. Matt has been responsive with the only issue i ever had was a bit longer than expected on a ported kit and Matt made up for it by kicking in some xtra's i was happy with it. I've contacted him and conversed via email a number of times I'd keep trying this isnt what my experience with them has been. This hobby can be frustrating at times and i cost myself lots of xtra parts in the beginning but the more ive learned the more ive built the more i enjoy it im not certain if its a hobby or a lifestyle lol ..hang in there and best wishes.... kelly

Reactions: indian22

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Great attitude Kelly, though I feel for Richard as well. It's very responsible for forum members to share both the good and the bad and for the rest of us to be there and listen.

Rick C.