212cc Predator motor mounts for aluminum Felt

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I just finished making these steel motor mounts for a 212cc Predator engine into a aluminum Felt frame.

The steel sleeves completely protect the frame from the vibrations of the big engine, & the mounts are removable without any damage to the frame. ;)

image-4098191245.jpg

image-1888691285.jpg

image-1192165330.jpg

Reactions: PeteMcP

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Just saw this. Fantastic norm. I'm assuming if it works for the 212 it would also work for the 99 / 79 motors??

Fatbikeboy

Oct 24, 2016
Chicago
I have the same fake felt frame . Except mine is a dummy tank version , that doesn't effect the frame shape I just wanted to put that in there . But yea I got the faker felt .

Collin Parks

Jan 5, 2019
I know this post is pretty old at this point but I'm having trouble mounting my 212, it's not an actual felt frame but it seems to be close enough to the same size as the one in your pics as the only way it will fit in the frame is using a very thin mounting plate like what you have made, would have preferred to mount it normally but ive spent to much on it already and don't want to buy another frame so I'm trying to stick to this frame, and I was hoping that you could help me by giving me some advice on how to make my own mount, like the one you made above, or if you might be able to make one so I could buy it, or if I have to buy a new frame maybe you could tell me what frame would work best for mounting it horizontally

Reactions: fasteddy

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I know this post is pretty old at this point but I'm having trouble mounting my 212, it's not an actual felt frame but it seems to be close enough to the same size as the one in your pics as the only way it will fit in the frame is using a very thin mounting plate like what you have made, would have preferred to mount it normally but ive spent to much on it already and don't want to buy another frame so I'm trying to stick to this frame, and I was hoping that you could help me by giving me some advice on how to make my own mount, like the one you made above, or if you might be able to make one so I could buy it, or if I have to buy a new frame maybe you could tell me what frame would work best for mounting it horizontally
Can you post some pics of your frame & engine?

There are some newer 'faker' frames that are a little smaller than the old ones & these engines are a lot harder to squeeze in them. :(

Collin Parks

Jan 5, 2019
Yes I can but I will do it tomorrow before I go to work, I can tell you that it was a full zeda dawn bike, not the V2, but I will send some pictures

Collin Parks

Jan 5, 2019
Can you post some pics of your frame & engine?

There are some newer 'faker' frames that are a little smaller than the old ones & these engines are a lot harder to squeeze in them. :(
Sorry it took so long, I thought I sent a reply with the pics a few days ago, apparently it didn't send, but I have the pictures here, if more pictures are needed let me know and I'll send more
PXL_20220518_194558355.jpg
PXL_20220518_194641969.jpg

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
would contacting you through the email listed on your shop's website be easier to talk with you?
No bro... I have ZERO interest in making another set of mounts for this.
Besides... It it's hard to tell for sure, but it looks like you have a small frame.

Feel free to use my designs to try to make your own tho.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Those frames are too small for 212s. A lot of people run a shorty valve cover to fit the frame however it eliminates the breather assembly which is vital to the health of your engine. Proof of this is that back in the day ARC used to make a dual breather valve cover for the raptor motors. I don’t know how people run 212s nowadays with no breather/oil return unit, I think they just do it cause somebody sells it. I ran mine with a lightly modded breather assembly and put over 15000 miles on a single block.

Last edited:

Collin Parks

Jan 5, 2019
Those frames are too small for 212s. A lot of people run a shorty valve cover to fit the frame however it eliminates the breather assembly which is vital to the health of your engine. Proof of this is that back in the day ARC used to make a dual breather valve cover for the raptor motors. I don’t know how people run 212s nowadays with no breather/oil return unit, I think they just do it cause somebody sells it. I ran mine with a lightly modded breather assembly and put over 15000 miles on a single block.
I have a short valve cover on my engine, I plan on drilling and threading a whole for a one way valve, but I was waiting till I got the engine on the frame before doing that, got the stuff to do it though