honda 100 cc build

GoldenMotor.com

captianroger

Jul 15, 2010
fargo
here is my build, a honda 100cc motor and a tork a verter, comet tav2, first i used angle iron 1 1/2" and 1" flat iron to make my motor mount bracketas in pic1, then 4 bolts to add the tav2, pic2 you need a lot of room on the bike framee to add this, i used the giant bike frame, added a rear hub for disk brakes on the tire, see my other post, on the net i found spacers to make my 5/8 shaft into a 3/4 inch shaft, i needed 3 of these to make the tav2 clutch work on the honda, pic3, pic 4 shows the clearence of the back of the tav2 crank and the motor is bolted in place,pic 5 sory didnt turn out, but everything is bolted together and ready for test drive, final pic is the finished bike with the tav2 finished... the mini bike seat on the back is my sons seat, he goes everyware with me...
i have 2 guide wheels on the chain, the lower one is modified with a tention spring, this setup works perfect, whe guide wheels are from the doodlebug mini bike, this has a very fast take off speed, i have ben cruising at about 45mph. and have not tried full throtel yet, this verriable speed cloutch setup has a overdrive, i have a 60 point rear sprocket on the back tire, i am very happy with this setup, i will be driving the bike from minnesota to florida in june, happy biking all... captian roger

Attachments

captianroger

Jul 15, 2010
fargo
and here is the final pic... the mini bike seat on the back is for my son, he goes everyware with me, there is also foot pegs ( L brackets ) for him also mounted here...

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Capy! Awesome build. I have to get on another PC 'cause I cant see your pics well. Sid note, I make engine mounts about the same way. Like em way more then the Hoot or other stuff. I used alum flat stock for the up bends and not failed but did allow engine to tip a wee bit.

Can you still find tork o verters? I waited for months and finally asked for my money back.

Again, great build and thanks for posting.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I noticed the 10 tooth kit had a 40/41 pitch will this work with a 415 or 410 chain? I know my sprocket is for 415 Chain and 45T, so I think the 10T would work nicely. Just need a second opinion on the chain size, so confusing!!!

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I noticed the 10 tooth kit had a 40/41 pitch will this work with a 415 or 410 chain? I know my sprocket is for 415 Chain and 45T, so I think the 10T would work nicely. Just need a second opinion on the chain size, so confusing!!!
40/41 sprockets are too thick for 415/410 chain. 41 chain will work well on 410/415 sprockets.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
40/41 sprockets are too thick for 415/410 chain. 41 chain will work well on 410/415 sprockets.
Thanks Elmo!

Now I wonder if these Torq-A-Verters would fit on a Honda or HS 50cc. I think the shaft maybe too short. I can't find any info on how long a shaft is needed to fit the front pulley on. Anyone know?

captianroger

Jul 15, 2010
fargo
What was the manufacturer of the spacer you bought? Could you provide a link?

Is there any particular reason you went with the Torq-A-Verter versus EZ Q-matic drive?
ez q matic looks like a good setup, i chose the comet for the name and the over drive, i like speed...... i need 60+ on my bicycle... lol

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Hey Captn,
How long is that shaft on the Honda? I've seen some shaft couplers that not only increase the shaft size but lengthen it also. Thinking that might work with using the 50cc with the Comet. L8R.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Oh well, the Torque Converters are really made for low RPM engines anyway. You'd have to jackshaft it to get the proper ratio, that's a lot of friction loss.

captianroger

Jul 15, 2010
fargo
5/8" ID X 3/4" OD Shaft Adapter Bushing
this is the bushing i used it took 3, two on my honda shaft, and the and i used the third one on the inside of the comit cloutch as a spacer, the comit clutch is longer then the honda shaft, 3 bushings worked perfect, the first bushing i cut down a key to fit the shaft and fit just to the outside of the bushing, the comet has its own keyway in the cloutch and that slid over the next 2 bushings...

captianroger

Jul 15, 2010
fargo
Florida LAW Warning
i got pulled over in florida for driving my motor bicycle on the road, they have a moped law forbiding the use of a GAS motor on a bicycle, went to court and won the lawsuite aginst me for driving my bike on a florida road, next build will be a electric motor on a bike that is allowed in florida as long as you only go 20mph.

:-||