Hey there from Sydney

GoldenMotor.com

Holmes2020

Apr 3, 2009
Sydney
I've had my little Zbox 48cc going well since it's first ride a few weeks back, much more fun on the daily commute in Sydney traffic than pedaling. Slowly going thu the mods to make if fly and I gotta say, I'm completely reliant on this site for everything! Heres a shot of it in it's current guise...

Ride on,

Matt

Attachments

Holmes2020

Apr 3, 2009
Sydney
Yep, one safety pin seat held on by zip ties! All pro. Well, till I sort a really laid back, low seatpost or get my tig welding up to scratch.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
H2020, Good Morning. Do You Have The Safety Screw Or Bolt In Your Chain Tensioner, So It Won`t Turn Into Your Spokes? Just A Reminder, I Can Not Tell By The Pic. Ron

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
i would take a link or two out of your chan, it looks wayyy too loose.

also may i ask what sprocket you have on the rear ? it looks great, and it it's a 36 or less i'd love to know where you got it as it's really hard to find them in AUS yet alone sydney :S

Also i saw that seat on ebay, was soo going to get it. May i ask how it copes with the vibrations and stuff ?

I had the choice of
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/8/2/4/8/7/9/webimg/136497595_tp.jpg

or

http://i3.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/ee/b6/b7fe_1.JPG

i went with the 2nd one as they were both the same price.

Holmes2020

Apr 3, 2009
Sydney
My ride has been dialed in a fair bit since I shot it in the studio. I figured I better get a shot of it before it gets used and abused, anyway, chain is all tight and stretched to ****, tensioner is so solid, no dramas there. I'm working on a sweet little tensioner off the rear engine mount, cause the stock tensioner has to be the ugliest thing on the planet.

As for the seat, yep. cheap eBay one, slightly modified, makes me laugh and it actually does take out some bumps, little ones anyway. It's a hard tail right! Sprocket was from Kings Sales and Service, the ad to your left. I just trusted 'em and sent my visa details, turned up about a week later, gotta love good service across the Pacific. 36t and some sweet top end speed. Just doesn't go uphills without some pedal power...

I dumped a new set of rubber on and its fast now with no big knobbys on it. The Intense Micro knobbys hook up wickedly round corners on pretty much anything but full on dirt. And I got a little scared only running a front brake, so I'm sideways a lot more now with a rear caliper. Flat track inspired...

We got a crew out for a mini race today. Funny stuff. I've never heard engines scream so hard. I'll put some pics up in the pics bit.

Rock on.

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hey 2020, Look Great As Before. What Size Are The Tires And Now Much Do They Cost. I Need To Get Some. In The Usa Of Course. Just Curious What They Cost Dn Under. Later, Ron.

Holmes2020

Apr 3, 2009
Sydney
The tires are Intense Micro knobbies, 26x2.2", super grippy and pretty light for lower rotating weight. Good bag size to take out some shock too. I've run em at Whistler on some of the groomed trails and they are amazing, even better on dirt jumps cause they roll so well... Over here in Aus they cost a packet. So I'm thinking about USD$30-40 each if our Aussie Peso is anything to go on. If 20 years of BMX and MTB has taught me one thing, it's that rubber is the only thing connecting you to the earth so never skimp on tires! Intense make one **** of a MTB frame too, nothing comes close to their handmade masterpieces!

Intense Tyers Home Page

geza96

Oct 8, 2010
Australia
I've had my little Zbox 48cc going well since it's first ride a few weeks back, much more fun on the daily commute in Sydney traffic than pedaling. Slowly going thu the mods to make if fly and I gotta say, I'm completely reliant on this site for everything! Heres a shot of it in it's current guise...

Ride on,

Matt
I'm building a broad track up in the mountains, where did you get your seat from?