motoriozed bicycle upgrades

GoldenMotor.com

motorbikes

Sep 8, 2012
Los angeles, California
I am new to motorized biking, What are the best ways to increase my speed i have a grubee skyhawk gt5 with a cns carburator? I also have a boost kit (not installed yet) but i did install a 36 tooth sproket.
usflgusflg.xx.

Tank you so much,
any response is apreciated.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
What are the best ways to increase my speed i have a grubee skyhawk gt5 with a cns carburator? I also have a boost kit (not installed yet) but i did install a 36 tooth sproket.

Tank you so much,
any response is apreciated.
The easiest and most effective way to wake these 2 strokers up
is an expansion chamber.
Check out the pipes from Sick Bike Parts and Arrow Motorized Cycles.

Your boost bottle ain't going to do anything for your performance. Nobody
is using boost bottles at the race track.

motorbikes

Sep 8, 2012
Los angeles, California
Is it even worth installing it don cine I have it will it stop some of the shaking or should I try and return it. Are shift kits a good idea? Is nos gonna kill my engine? Where do people race these and how fast do they race at?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Is it even worth installing it don cine I have it will it stop some of the shaking or should I try and return it. Are shift kits a good idea? Is nos gonna kill my engine?
nos is in the same category as boost bottles. A gimmick that noobs
waste their money on.
Shift kit are a great way to always keep you in the power band.
Where do people race these and how fast do they race at?
Check out the link in my signature.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
boost bottles=ornamental horsepower,you can see it,but not really use it....

a GOOD pipe and carb.
i am not happy with the grubee tune pipe,seemed to make no difference.
just a noisy hunk of chrome.

motorbikes

Sep 8, 2012
Los angeles, California
I was also thinking about getting a electric hub motor for the front wheel to assist on starts and red lights as well as a light for the front. The thing is my parents wont let me get and m1 license but they will let me get an m2 now that i am almost fifteen and a half and almost eligible for my permit, i have to build the best possible motorized bicycle.

What are your opinions about the electric hub idea? Is there anything to make this more like a motorcycle?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I would go with the pipe and carb first. Jet the carb and you will see more performance for sure. I see you are local, that's cool. Member Wolfjr is around your age and knows a lot about the motors and performance upgrades...hit him up if you want some help.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
There is no best. SBP is the most versatile and can be recommended by anybody who has used it. Not many members have gotten the arrow exhaust but I'm sure it's good too, but less customize able. The CNS carb sucks. thatsdax's RT carb is good, I like the semi auto choke. I heard the speed carb is good too. All require tuning more than likely.

SBP makes the only shift kit that works right. I don't think thatsdax makes his anymore.

You might consider getting thatsdax's GP50 clone motor. You'll get a **** of a lot of more power than these motors can ever make (without spending the equal or more amount of money). It will require more work to mount it though. You wouldn't have to bother with some electric hub if you were trying to go without a pedal start either. I personally don't think it's a good idea to make a hybrid bike as a first build. You mind as well buy the right engine for the job than mix and match things that will end up costing you a lot more.

Last edited: