Done w/cns v3

GoldenMotor.com

Felix

Mar 26, 2012
Texas, USA.
Ok throwing in the towel with the cns carb that came with my 2011 grubee kit. Now I'm going to order the nt carb from ebay, there about 12 bucks with free shiping. First is this a good place to get the carb? Second will the throttle cable from my kit work with the nt carb(the cable end that goes into the carb).

Also on a another subject, the petcock wont stop fuel from flowing even in the off position. Opened it up and the lever never actually covers both opening in any positions on or off. Now it started leaking when i move the lever. Any way to fix it or just order new one?.wee..bf.

Thanks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The kit tank/petcock are 10mm machine thread that relys on a gasket to seal. A male 1/8" NPT (National Pipe Thread) fitting or valve will thread into it but I usually run a 1/8" pipe tap into the threads. Here's where you must be careful and not run the tap in too deep. Just about half the thread depth is good enough. Relying on the factory threads can produce a leak unless you really tighten the fitting into them.

Pipe threads are tapered, unlike machine threads which are of a consistent diameter throughout their length. The tapered threads is how they seal. The tighter they are, the better they work.

Also you're gonna like that NT carb. Simple, and they work. Take your time and set the float right and you'll be good to go.

Tom

Last edited: