hello from michigan

GoldenMotor.com

oldpot

Jun 21, 2012
MICHIGAN
hi, 50 year old man here always wanted a motorized bike hope you can get me fixed up here i been reading alot and it looks hard to put together ,well putting the fuel tank and engine looks the easiest but the rest ,cables etc looks hard ,i am a complete notive and need any help i can .

question,
will i be able to use this bike to put engine on,

http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/lifestyle/940/28434/?collections_id=2

if not will a cheap walmart kmart bike do?

hope to read more .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for help and advice. Hang in there and keep reading. All your questions will be answered. There will be more responses and you can use the Google Custom Search feature to look for help also.

Tom

Bicycle Motor Fun

Sep 17, 2011
Warren, Michigan
Hello Oldpot;

The link that you posted shows bikes with a top tube that slant downward towards the seat post at a pretty steep angle. Remember, if you are going to be working with a 66cc Chinese engine kit, you will need room to fit the engine in the frame! My motor bike is near Lapeer, MI; if your nearby, swing by and check mine out. My bike is a old inexpensive Huffy Stone Mountain 26" mens bike, and it worked out perfectly for my above mentioned engine kit which I picked up in Kalamazoo, MI. On this Web site, there is a down loadable engine template for this engine that can be printed and carried with you when choosing the bike. I have a bunch of motorcycles, but my little motorbike is a different animal and a whole lot of fun as I ride it in the country! Good luck, BMF dance1

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. The 700c wheels may be a weak point. Giant makes great bikes, but I recommend a used, steel framed beach cruiser or mountain bike for a first build. The kit is designed for those bikes, so you can spend more time riding or customizing and less time troubleshooting problems. You can transfer the motor kit to a cooler bike later, after you have gained experience and street cred.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Seems to be a fair number of us in MI. Last I checked the members map I still didn't show up on it. I'm in Grand Rapids but not on the road yet. Good luck on your build!